PvP Tournament Arena Annoucement

MinecraftJunkie members who deserve to be in the spotlight. Check here to see what they have built.

Moderators: Fabeth, Korthic, Nicolu, caldrin, Explodingboxes

Ez86
I love gold

PvP Tournament Arena Annoucement

Post by Ez86 »

Hey guys
i´ve seen many problems at the current system of the Pvpareas like thorn and Bratabarus. The fails in my opinion are...
1: Only one entrace
2: Too much useless but just nice looking crap in it
3: To large
4: open from above
5: The possibility to escape the fight easylie
6: Enderpearl escape
7: Visitor fight intervention

so, i have invented and are curently busy at building it, a Arena where no of the below explained problems are Possible. IT starts with a redstone based entrace system wich needs two players minimum to open the gate and enter the battlefield in a dropbox. There are 6 dropboxes planed wich gives a team or 1 on 1 match 2 different startpoints on the slaughterplace. The Arena is closed with glassblocks and just only reachable from a dropbox and only if anotherplayer stands in the other Dropbox in front of the player. The matches are, if there is a need, spectable from lounges above the battlefield. It will be 64x64 sized and from every viewpoint easy to watch the fight. The design of the warzone will be simple just with random blocks and enough cover. The exit got a 0,5-1,0 minute delay to open and will be easy and fast to reach if anyone try to escape. If it is finish and setedup as a PvPzone by an Admin/overlord i will start the first weekly PvP Tournament there and offer prices for the 3th , 2th and 1th placed. Pre material donation would be nice but are not requested.
This is a anoucement and the directly consequenz of the things i posted at Boxes suggestionsthread.

Thanks for your attention
Ez
Ez86
I love gold

Re: PvP Tournament Arena Annoucement

Post by Ez86 »

New stepp, i have rebuild something cuz i dreamed last night some nice new ideas for the arena. There will be a switch wich closed the dropbox entrace system if the fight is currently startet and there will be 3 Levers to toggle the Match kind from 1 on 1, to 2 on 2 and 3 on 3. Also i add a Big dropbox for teamdeathmatch wich can be opened from a jugde in a special judge lounge. Further more i will add 3 or 5 special 1 on 1 areas where , Nightfights, underwater aktion, and stuff can be simulated. I think about a Wargearshop in front of the Arena where you could buy Armor and weapons for moderate prices. If anyone had some new ideas/suggestions feel free to wrote it here or i have to wait for new dreams ;)

Thanks for your attention
EZ