Police Applications! [7/23 - 7/31]

Read the rules.Apply to join the server, Follow the format, and fill it out.

Moderators: Fabeth, Korthic, Nicolu, caldrin, Explodingboxes

Nicolu
Server Admin
In Game Minecraft Name: Nicolu

Police Applications! [7/23 - 7/31]

Post by Nicolu »

Application for Police will be open from NOW

Read the following very carefully, anyone who does not qualify and applys will have no chance of getting the promotion this time around.

Requirements for becoming a Police:
+ Be active on the forums, ingame chat, and be able to log onto Mumble while playing. We like people who talk.
+ A good level of English: Typos are fine, second language is fine. 'ppl who r typin like dis or any1 simlar' are not.
+ Plays for at least 10 hours a week, preferably as much as possible. You WILL get removed from Police if you don't play often and contribute.
+ Friendly and helpful within the community. Knowledge of plugins and features is preferred but not essential.

Remember:
1)You may NOT ask our staff team anything about you being promoted, unless they ask you first. Do NOT bother our staff team about your application. This thread is how you ask us if you can be Police. We will come to you afterwards if we are interested.
2)You are allowed to re-submit your application after two months or more have passed. Please quote your original application and its timestamp for our ease of navigation.
3)If you are accepted, this does not mean you are above ANY server rules. In fact you are held to a higher standard than other users. Breaking any rule can result in a demotion, kick or ban, depending on the severity.
4)Also, at anytime, you can and will be demoted if the staff team feels that you are not properly doing your job, or are not living up to the standard we hold you to. We are a self moderating staff team, and we do not tolerate abuse among our ranks.
5)When we are looking for staff members, we look at Police members before we look at regular users. Might come in handy some day.

By applying you realize:
1) Police is our lowest rank of our staff team, and will put you in a position of authority and power over all users below you. You must abide by the rules more closely than all of the other non-staff on our server, for you will now be the standard that users hold themselves to.
2) Being a member of the staff team does not mean you get to be respected more than any other user, or can punish users more harshly for breaking the rules against you. On Minecraft Junkie, all users are to treat all users with the same respect, regardless of rank. Staff are here to serve, not to be served.
3) Should you be chosen, you will most definitely run into problems while moderating. If you are having difficulty with understanding what to do, remember that you can contact any staff member to help you out. You don't have to lone wolf it. This isn't a job, it's community service, and with an online community you need all the help you can get.

If you MEET THE REQUIREMENTS:
You need to answer the following questions. Please answer them in full and spend some time on them. It's obvious when people only spend 5 minutes on their application and that's really not good enough. One sentence answers are a waste of your time.

==Police Profile==
How Long Have You Been On MCJ:
Postcount (At Time Of Application):
Real-Life Friends On Server:
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not):
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times):
Do you like The Lion King:

1. Assume you have the chance to replace one member of the staff team (Choices listed below). You may go straight from whatever rank you are right now, to completely replacing the user that you chose. Pick a member of the staff team, give three reasons why they are not fit for the job, one example of those reasons, and explain why you would be better suited for their position.
(Choices:Coolkid(Jorden), Ephantom, Caldavas, or Explodingboxes)

2. Suppose that you're accepted for the Police application, and you share this with a close friend or sibling who also plays Minecraft. Unfortunately for you, that friend/sibling is a jerk, and logs into your account while you are not in the house. They then proceed to grief people, tpkill, jail tons of people, and cuss out the staff. You know that we punish players by the account on this server, and that the punishment will go directly to you. How do you choose to appeal this?

3. A week after becoming Police and befriending some of the staff, you find out that Caldrin, Countypo, and TheDoleking are planning on faking a situation that would give them a reason to ban a user that they disliked on the server. This user is completely innocent, only being guilty of being annoying to the staff. You’re a new staff member and nobody really trusts you that much yet, and Caldrin/Countypo/TheDoleking are threatening to have you demoted and banned if you rat on them, and you have no evidence except for your word. How do you react to this situation?

4. You have reason to believe someone is using a mod/client that allows them to Xray! How do you go about handing the situation? Do you confront them, if so, how? Do you wait and talk to a higher ranked staff member?

5. Tell us why you'd like to be a Police on our server. What interests you most, and what do you expect to spend most your time doing?
Simondw
Minecraft what??

Re: Police Applications! [7/23 - 7/31]

Post by Simondw »

Timezone: American
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: three Years
Postcount (At Time Of Application): A dozen
Real-Life Friends On Server: Bane of Endermen
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): No, I don't want it
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): A lot, but it wasnt my fault
Do you like The Lion King: No.

1. Boxes cuz he banned me for no reason once

2. That would be total crap cause it was my brother so they should let me off if they didn't i would probably quit

3. I would probably help them and get on their side so i could get more power it's a jungle out there man

4. first i would confront them, ask what mod they were using, and try it myself to see if it were a problem.

5. I want police so I can play good cop bad cop it seems like it would be fun and i expect to spend most my time bannig people
keiranos
Bare hands digger
In Game Minecraft Name: Keiranos

Post by keiranos »

==Police Profile==
Timezone:UTC (british scotland f*vk independance :P )
How Long Have You Been On MCJ:1 year ish With MrBeeDay
Postcount (At Time Of Application):8 I hope to be more active on the forums
Real-Life Friends On Server:MrBeeDay (he will not affect anything taht i ahve to do with policing, usually he is very good anyways.
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): Yes i use it sometimes and will use it even more with police.
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times):I think i have once or so but not alot IM A GOOD BOY( ish )
Do you like The Lion King:HELL YE :D it is the best movie EVA! loved it.

1. I would replace Coolkid (jorden) because he is mainly afk on the server, he takes a while to talk back to you, and he needs to look at both sides of arguments somtimes, and he told me he doesn't like the loin king!

2. I would appeal on the forums and I know that the staff members to not take lightly to tpkilling and jailing for no reason

3. I would have recorded as soon as i knew they were starting to plan this and when the threatened me i would post the video on the forums and i would say it was not a joke. That is how i would deal with it and hopefully Kommy sees it.

4.I would tp to them as soon as the find diamonds or ores to see whether they are strip mining and they find them legit or if they have just dug straight down. After doing this i would then confront them about it, ask them if they use a client to see if they would come clean or see if they would lie to me.

5.I would love to become police because i simply love the server and if i didn't why would i play it for a year and over... but over all i would like to have the experience of being more than just a player for once i have NEVER moderated a server and would love to start it now because i think this server will be great to start out on.
And also whenever im first on in the morning there is no one on guitar maybe if your lucking but some people need to wait awhile for admins or mods to be on. :)
evzoz
Bare hands digger

Post by evzoz »

==Police Profile==

Timezone:GMT.

How Long Have You Been On MCJ: Almost 3 years.

Postcount (At Time Of Application):Don't know of the top of my head but I would say 30-40 max.

Real-Life Friends On Server:McNally26,Rigby,BenneyG12,Hmachikas,Machinama3,GuitarManiac003(I know him irl)Blockster8,CookieEm10,ExpectedErmine10.

Do you have Mumble? (If not why not):My Pc can't run it but when I get my new pc I will have it.

Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times):In the past on the old server I have
been jailed/Banned but they were for silly reasons such as raging etc but nothing major, I am a new
person scince the server began a new world.

Do you like The Lion King:Yes, I have went to a musical about it about 3 months ago.

I would replace Ephantom as I am on the server daily and I rarely see him on Junkie. As I said, I am on daily for around 1/2 hours more.

I would try appeal on the Junkie website, But as life goes everything happens for a reason and I would have to accept what had happened and learn from my mistakes not to keep my Minecraft logged in. Also I would replace everything that was grieved and stolen etc.

I would tell straight away. I would put anything at risk for them to be caught.I'd also take screenshots of the chat if they messaged me that I would get Banned if I tell etc.

I would go invisible and follow them around. I would also request for some help by another Staff/Police. I wouldn't ban/jail them until I knew that they were xraying/hacking 100%. I would also get the other staff/Police's opinion on the situation.

I would like the be a new Police on the server as I would like to help out to the fullest on the server. As I am on the server for almost 3 years now I have clear knowledge what goes on and what shouldn't be happening. I have come across people who have been grieved in the passed and I have tried to help them as much as possible, I also tried to get on a staff to help them. I would spend most of my time monitoring people and helping out those in need.

Thank You for reading my appeal for Police Rank.
Evzoz
link_24
Minecraft what??
In Game Minecraft Name: link_24

Post by link_24 »

==Police Profile==
Timezone: Central America(during summer) Eastern us (rest of the year)
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: 17 days (i plan on plenty more)
Postcount (At Time Of Application): none sadly getting to know people
Real-Life Friends On Server: horse (i regretfully cant remember the exact ign)
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): i've used skype with horse but i'm going to get it tonight
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): none that i remember. if there are any they were either test for a past sever or some other reason from bad staff (ive been on a few "bad" servers finally got a good one again)
Do you like The Lion King: Yes, i watched many a disney movie in my childhood and continue to enjoy them.

1. I'm not out to take anyones job only to help where needed, boxes from what i know is good, i've heard of coolkid, and regrettably don't know the other two...(edit: ive met a lot of the people on now and i only dont know cal still cant pick though)

2. the ones i live with are under 8 and cant use a pc, and during the summer my step brother has his own account and he leaves the house sadly i know no one at my dads and never really leave and if i leave its a family thing.

3. i would appeal to who i can, the rank doesn't matter, and if they ban me i feel it would be weird if someone who doesn't do anything bad suddenly is banned for something and i would go on the forms and state my case

4. well i've seen a way to see if someone is xray "boosting" or not but it'd be for higher staff , i'd try to "help them mine" and if i can get sufficient evidence that they are i'd jail them and get higher staff on to check for xray mining

5. I don't particularly need police I am just trying to help the sever stay nice and friendly, and i plan on continuing to build with my love horseh :D..... and helping those who need it of course.
Last edited by link_24 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Horseh
Minecraft what??
In Game Minecraft Name: HorseCrazyMW

Post by Horseh »

==Police Profile==
Timezone:Eastern Standard Time
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: About 3 weeks
Postcount (At Time Of Application): None yet
Real-Life Friends On Server: Link_24 and BitsandBoots
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): Yep, just downloaded it.
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): I've never been jailed or banned and I don't plan on being either of those in the future.
Do you like The Lion King: I used to watch it all the time when I was younger. I still love it.

1. I wouldn't replace anyone. They're all pretty cool people. I just want to help. I've heard of coolkid, Boxes, and Ephantom (Joe). But I've never seen Caldavas on.

2. My sisters and friends all know that they aren't allowed to touch my laptop at all unless I allow 'em. But incase it ever did happen, I would try my hardest to prove that it wasn't me who did the cussing, grieving, jailed tons of innocent people, and tpkilled. If all else fails, then I would ask if I could replace everything that got destroyed and apologize for cussing. I like this server much more than others and I really don't want anything to happen to where I can't be on it anymore.

3. I'd try to screen shot the conversation and/or tell Ephantom or Explodingboxes about the situation. Hopefully if I get to them first before the others did. And if I get banned for no reason at all, like there's no signs of grieving or anything, then I would hope that one of the staff looks into it.

4. I would play along and ask them if they could help me find some iron, redstone, or another ore. If they think something is up because of how the police rank is shown next to your name, I would try and convince them that I really don't care about my job and just want some diamonds or whatever ore I could think of. I would screen shot the conversation or record whats happening on fraps for evidence.

5. I don't really need to be police, I would just like knowing that I could help keep the server friendly. I know some servers that have almost everything grieved and tons of cussing. This one is the friendliest so far and I want to help keep it that way. I expect to spend most of my time helping others, doing my minecraft survival videos for youtube, and building with my love Link ^-^

Thanks for reading my application
~Horseh
queen_cadaver
Bare hands digger

Post by queen_cadaver »

==Police Profile==
Timezone: UTC-06:00
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: Joined Jul 28, 2012
Postcount (At Time Of Application): 4
Real-Life Friends On Server: IntrepidAl
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not):Yes
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): No
Do you like The Lion King: Of course.

1. Assume you have the chance to replace one member of the staff team (Choices listed below). You may go straight from whatever rank you are right now, to completely replacing the user that you chose. Pick a member of the staff team, give three reasons why they are not fit for the job, one example of those reasons, and explain why you would be better suited for their position.
I would replace Jorden to replace because he (1)jokes around a lot, (2) he goes afk a lot, and (3) he does not like like Lion King.

2. Suppose that you're accepted for the Police application, and you share this with a close friend or sibling who also plays Minecraft. Unfortunately for you, that friend/sibling is a jerk, and logs into your account while you are not in the house. They then proceed to grief people, tpkill, jail tons of people, and cuss out the staff. You know that we punish players by the account on this server, and that the punishment will go directly to you. How do you choose to appeal this? This would not happen, I keep my laptop password , and minecraft password safe.

3. A week after becoming Police and befriending some of the staff, you find out that Caldrin, Countypo, and TheDoleking are planning on faking a situation that would give them a reason to ban a user that they disliked on the server. This user is completely innocent, only being guilty of being annoying to the staff. You’re a new staff member and nobody really trusts you that much yet, and Caldrin/Countypo/TheDoleking are threatening to have you demoted and banned if you rat on them, and you have no evidence except for your word. How do you react to this situation? I'd just tell Boxes and Nico, if I lose my rank for doing what is right so be it.

4. You have reason to believe someone is using a mod/client that allows them to Xray! How do you go about handing the situation? Do you confront them, if so, how? Do you wait and talk to a higher ranked staff member? I would ask a higher ranking member via Mumbler what to do.

5. Tell us why you'd like to be a Police on our server. What interests you most, and what do you expect to spend most your time doing? I like helping people out when I can, and I feel as police rank I would be able to do so much easier ,plus purple is the best color.
BlindStorm
Minecraft what??

Post by BlindStorm »

==Police Profile==
Timezone: Eastern
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: 4 years
Postcount (At Time Of Application): 3
Real-Life Friends On Server: none
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): yes and use it everyday
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): no
Do you like The Lion King: yes

I wouldn't replace any of them i for one have seen them around quite a bit and they do their jobs really well. I know this isn't the answer you are really looking for but as i said before i've seen them all do their jobs really well and don't wanna take someone who knows that they are doing well and replace them with someone who hardly knows the job.

2. Suppose that you're accepted for the Police application, and you share this with a close friend or sibling who also plays Minecraft. Unfortunately for you, that friend/sibling is a jerk, and logs into your account while you are not in the house. They then proceed to grief people, tpkill, jail tons of people, and cuss out the staff. You know that we punish players by the account on this server, and that the punishment will go directly to you. How do you choose to appeal this?

I would first appeal in the proper manner and through the right channels. In the end if that didn't work i would have no choice but to take whatever punishment that was given to me. It was my own foolish fault for thinking i could trust someone with my info.

3. A week after becoming Police and befriending some of the staff, you find out that Caldrin, Countypo, and TheDoleking are planning on faking a situation that would give them a reason to ban a user that they disliked on the server. This user is completely innocent, only being guilty of being annoying to the staff. You’re a new staff member and nobody really trusts you that much yet, and Caldrin/Countypo/TheDoleking are threatening to have you demoted and banned if you rat on them, and you have no evidence except for your word. How do you react to this situation?

I would try to find someone who was part of the staff or even admin and let them know what i know and that yes i know i'm new and no one really trusts but you might wanna keep on eye on the three of them in secret. If it turns out i was wrong that i would happily take whatever punishment deemed necessary.

4. You have reason to believe someone is using a mod/client that allows them to Xray! How do you go about handing the situation? Do you confront them, if so, how? Do you wait and talk to a higher ranked staff member?

First i would try and follow said person to see if it might be so. Then i would talk to a higher staff to see if they might follow them if i couldn't and in the end with the higher staff member confront the accused.

5. Tell us why you'd like to be a Police on our server. What interests you most, and what do you expect to spend most your time doing?

I would like to be a police so that i can help the server running smoothly and help those that are in need of help. What interests me most is that i would be able to do more for people then what i normally could and it makes me feel good knowing that i'm helping in some fashion. I think i would mostly be doing my normal thing of building or doing whatever unless someone needs help or something is out of line that needs to be addressed.

Thanks for taking the time to look over my App
BlindStorm
dawe4321
Minecraft what??

WILBUR DAWE APPLICATION (dawe4321)

Post by dawe4321 »

==Police Profile==
Timezone: GMT
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: June 1st 2013
Postcount (At Time Of Application): 0
Real-Life Friends On Server: 4
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): OUI, I do have mumble. And am very active on it.
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): NON, I have never had a punishment enforced upon me.
Do you like The Lion King: Yes. Hakuna matata.

==Questions==
1. I refuse to pick anyone. This app sucks balls. what kind of application is this. You cant make people choose to replace a staff member. That's just immoral. :oops: I have many skills in this game, but choosing amongst my friends in order to replace them is not one.

I've had staff positions on lots of servers (list available on demand), such as Moderator, Chat Mod, Guard, Helper, Architect (http://imgur.com/a/q4WqT#0 - i know you guys dont like seeing images because you think people who post images just stole the images, but ask people like Mini, Cald, Coolkid etc), and even Co-Owner (some ranks on same server - working my way up the ladder).

I did used to own a server but never actually had the time and patience to get it anywhere.

2. Well considering my "sibling" is "harrietdawe" i doubt this would actually happen. But I would accept the punishment as i know that the server punishes by account and not by the player behind the screen. There would be no point in me trying to appeal for it.

3. I tell the highest staff member that i can contact (not Caldrin/Countypo/TheDoleking) because I dont have the power to punish staff / players higher than me. I take any consequence for this that Caldrin/Countypo/TheDoleking would enforce in the hope that the high staff member would take my word, and investigate further (such as reading the server .log). I would also inform the innocent player that everything will be fine, and that they have nothing to worry about, and that it is all under investigation.

4. I wait to talk to a higher staff member, as i dont have the powers to check who breaks blocks etc. or whether or not the player is actually mining (for example) diamonds. :!: :!: :!: Alert a high staff member ASAP

5. I would like to be Police on MCJ because I enjoy playing the server. I also think that the server has a high potential to become greater. I enjoy helping people - even more than actually playing the server. Its what im good at doing. If I can help, I do.

What interests me most would have to be #1 Building. I love to build, as you may have seen from the Imgur link I posted above, I enjoy "letting my imagination run wild". #2 Helping people. As i have had many staff positions on other servers, I know whats right and whats wrong - so enforcing the rules would be second nature to me.

I will spend most of my time helping others, building as usual, and "patrolling" the server :D
XlXDaltonXlX
Staff

Post by XlXDaltonXlX »

Name; Dalton (XlXDaltonXlX)
Timezone:EDT
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: 3 years?
Postcount (At Time Of Application): 78
Real-Life Friends On Server: N/A
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): Yup
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): I don't think I've ever been jailed/banned for any actual reason.
Do you like The Lion King: Of Course

I don't think any of these individuals should be replaced they all server rather well and other than the occasional messing with their friends via staff powers, Coolkid. I'd have to say that he would be the staff that I would replace if given a choice. From memory he seems to be the one with the most complaints angled towards him and while I have heard various complaints about the other staff members none of them have much credibility do to the fact that most people that have a problem with them have been the ones that have been 'punished'.

I don't I've had enough issues in the past with staff/vip related issues that the only thing I would ask for is that I not be permanently banned.

I would inform someone of an appropriately high rank of what's going on.

I would wait and inform a capable staff member who would have more investigative ability when it came to this. I would go out of my way to make sure that the person was actually cheating before banning them.

I'd like to be able to help take care of things and make the server fun for everyone to play on my availability on mumble leaves me easily called into the server at nearly any time of day to aid in any issues that might pop up.