[CLOSED] VIP Application Archive [CLOSED]

Read the rules.Apply to join the server, Follow the format, and fill it out.

Moderators: Fabeth, Korthic, Nicolu, caldrin, Explodingboxes

Awesomesaurus
Wood craftsman
In Game Minecraft Name: Awesomesaurus

Re: [OPEN!!!] Applications for Police! Aug 8 - Aug 18

Post by Awesomesaurus »

Timezone: Pacific US
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: Since last October
Postcount (At Time Of Application): 9 :|
Real-Life Friends On Server: 2: Gman325 and Firemonsterlols
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): No because I never felt I needed it. I can get it if it's necessary for Police.
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): One ban, during the temp server. I believe it was during the 1.5 switch. This was dealt with and explained, and I've been no problem since. I have never been jailed.
Do you like The Lion King: Of course.

1. Assume you have the chance to replace one member of the staff team (Choices listed below). You may go straight from whatever rank you are right now, to completely replacing the user that you chose. Pick a member of the staff team, give three reasons why they are not fit for the job, one example of those reasons, and explain why you would be better suited for their position.
(Choices: Countypo, Nicolu, explodingboxes, Caldavas,PMBFTW )

This is a harsh question, and I feel I'll have trouble coming up with 3 reasons for anyone, let alone even one reason. If I absolutely had to chose, I'd have to say Caldavas. In speaking with him on the server, and seeing him with other members on occasion, he's seems to have short patience with some people.

2. Suppose that you're accepted for the Police application, and you share this with a close friend or sibling who also plays Minecraft. Unfortunately for you, that friend/sibling is a jerk, and logs into your account while you are not in the house. They then proceed to grief people, tpkill, jail tons of people, and cuss out the staff. You know that we punish players by the account on this server, and that the punishment will go directly to you. How do you choose to appeal this?
This shouldn't become a problem, since my brother doesn't play minecraft, and I don't share my account with him anyway. Playing hypothetical, if it were to happen, I would explain the situation to the staff, and offer to fix as much of the damage caused as I could myself. My password would be changed, and my brother would be blocked all access.

3. A week after becoming Police and befriending some of the staff, you find out that Caldrin, Countypo, and TheDoleking are planning on faking a situation that would give them a reason to ban a user that they disliked on the server. This user is completely innocent, only being guilty of being annoying to the staff. You’re a new staff member and nobody really trusts you that much yet, and Caldrin/Countypo/TheDoleking are threatening to have you demoted and banned if you rat on them, and you have no evidence except for your word. How do you react to this situation?
First, I would try to talk them out of the idea, explaining that it isn't fair to stab a member in the back like this simply because they're annoying. I would try to explain alternatives to handle the situation.

4. You have reason to believe someone is using a mod/client that allows them to Xray! How do you go about handing the situation? Do you confront them, if so, how? Do you wait and talk to a higher ranked staff member?
For starters, I would examine the mining area. It's easy to tell if an area has been XRay mined as opposed to stumbled across. If I conclude that it appears to have been found through XRay, I would notify a higher ranking staff member of the incident. Then, from there we could figure out how to handle the situation.

5. Tell us why you'd like to be a Police on our server. What interests you most, and what do you expect to spend most your time doing?
Well, it started last night. When I was on, there were no staff members of any kind present, and a default began griefing and bragging about it. I really wanted to do something about it, but being a Veteran, I was powerless.
What interests me most, honestly, is the interrogations. I've seen Boxes on the server several times, questioning griefers, asking them if they were responsible for the damage even though he already knows the answer is yes, and then punishing them when they lie. It never fails to put a smile on my face.
I expect to spend most of my time helping those in need, and keeping an eye on newcomers. Having another Police on the server means just one more person to keep an eye out for potential griefers, and it also means there's an extra hand to lend to people who need help.
evzoz
Bare hands digger

Post by evzoz »

==Police Profile==
Timezone: GMT
How Long Have You Been On MCJ:2 years in November.
Postcount (At Time Of Application):10+.
Real-Life Friends On Server: McNally26, Benneyg12, Rigby27, Hamachi, Machniama3, ExpectedErmine10, Blockster8, Ironfist, CookieEm10, Maggie22, Trckshots26, Rocheci, Guitarmaniac004.
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not):No I do not have mumble as I never needed it at veteran.
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): Hmm.. Jails-6? mostly for tp killing. and bans-5 some of which weren't suppose to happen but for removel of items from mob arena (didn't know) , When I knew that McNally was xraying but didn't tell a staff and other were mostly for tp kill. I had never never really grieved.
Do you like The Lion King: Haha , Yes I do like The Lion King

1. Assume you have the chance to replace one member of the staff team (Choices listed below). You may go straight from whatever rank you are right now, to completely replacing the user that you chose. Pick a member of the staff team, give three reasons why they are not fit for the job, one example of those reasons, and explain why you would be better suited for their position.

I would replace explodingboxes as he abuses his power way too much ,for example putting McNally26 in jail for 4 hours for a tp kill. Another reason why I replace him as he is too strict on members below staff, he punishes you over little things like trying to shoot mobs and you shoot your friend as he walks infront of you. My last reason is that boxes doesn't give other members a chance to explain their side of the story he just bans or punishes them straight away for example When I mistakably took items from the mob arena and burnt the armour and potions but the wrong potions boxes just came took them from my chest and banned me as I was explaining...

2. Suppose that you're accepted for the Police application, and you share this with a close friend or sibling who also plays Minecraft. Unfortunately for you, that friend/sibling is a jerk, and logs into your account while you are not in the house. They then proceed to grief people, tpkill, jail tons of people, and cuss out the staff. You know that we punish players by the account on this server, and that the punishment will go directly to you. How do you choose to appeal this?

I would try to persuade the staff that it wasn't me but I would accept my punishment even if it was a demotion.

3. A week after becoming Police and befriending some of the staff, you find out that Caldrin, Countypo, and TheDoleking are planning on faking a situation that would give them a reason to ban a user that they disliked on the server. This user is completely innocent, only being guilty of being annoying to the staff. You’re a new staff member and nobody really trusts you that much yet, and Caldrin/Countypo/TheDoleking are threatening to have you demoted and banned if you rat on them, and you have no evidence except for your word. How do you react to this situation?

I would straight away confront Nicolu or another high staff about them, I would not straight away go to that other member and punish him without having evidence but I would closely watch his movement on the server and if I suspect him breaking the rules I would tell another staff about him and let them handle it from there, I would also screenshot Caldrin,Counttypo and TheDoleKing saying this stuff to me.

4. You have reason to believe someone is using a mod/client that allows them to Xray! How do you go about handing the situation? Do you confront them, if so, how? Do you wait and talk to a higher ranked staff member?

I would not confront them unless I have evidence of them doing it as if they were innocent they could be very sad or something for loosing there diamonds or valuables, I would keep an eye of there movement on the server and if I suspect they are using an mob to xray I would confront a staff about it and let them handle it.

5. Tell us why you'd like to be a Police on our server. What interests you most, and what do you expect to spend most your time doing?

I would like to become a Police on Junkie to try my best to keep junkie the way it is today, I would try to make the Junkie Community better as I progress as a Police, What interest me most is to help junkie catch out the players breaking the rules. I expect most of my time Monitoring junkie for people breaking rules and also helping new Defaults onto the server and becoming a member.

Thank you for taking you time to read my application,
Evzoz
Chuckderp
Bare hands digger

Post by Chuckderp »

==Police Profile==
Timezone: Central
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: I'd say about 5 months:3
Postcount (At Time Of Application): 5 (I think)
Real-Life Friends On Server: None
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): I don't because my mom doesn't want me to talk to strangers
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): Twice for griefing, and another for taking armor and stuff from the MA without knowing it was against the rules
Do you like The Lion King: Yes:3

I think they all do a good job, so I don't know how I could take their place:3

I'll take it and tell my siblings not to do it again, but they do not even play minecraft much:3

I would say I was innocent and I am sorry for annoying them

I tell them not to Xray and get rid of the mod/client and then get back on:3

My interest is to help people:3 I just want Police so in case someone needs help, I could go to them and help them in any way they need:)
espertkiller
Wood craftsman

Post by espertkiller »

===Police Profile===

Timezone: Eastern Time Zone
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: 1 year
Postcount (At Time Of Application): 24
Real-Life Friends On Server: buster131 rocky and kolo
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): yes
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): jailed 3-4 times and banned once
Do you like The Lion King: yes

PMBFTW because he isnt all that helpful, some people even want him to be de-moted so I think that if I were to replace him, I would help everyone any chance I get.

Well first of all, I don't have a sibling that plays minecraft, my friends who have an account don't really come to my house but if this were to happen, I would accept the punishment because I know that MCJ punishes by account, so even if its not me behind the monitor, its still my account. So therefore I would accept any punishments.

I would maybe ask to join them, get evidence and e-mail kommy. If they refuse then I would use IRC and logblock to my advantage. Maybe check the logs to see if they are saying anything to the user, breaking blocks, anything of the sorts. I would then take a screenshot and show it to kommy, boxes or nico.

I would interrogate them on how they got perfect mines to diamonds, checking their chests and such. Then I would jail them and talk to a staff or up about it and see if they can get the user banned.

I would like to be a police because being a veteran, I cant do much to stop griefers, item dupers, x-rayers etc. So if I was a Police, then I could stop the rule breakers, by jailing them, muting if its necessary. I would spend a lot of time checking chat, looking for a potential griefer, maybe checking up on everyone by using vanish and tp. It also interests me being an authority on the server. And a purpy-derpy name. :D
Signature 1337 found

Signature 1337 Not Found, please refresh the page or go die
keiranos
Bare hands digger
In Game Minecraft Name: Keiranos

Post by keiranos »

How Long Have You Been On MCJ:Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:29 pm
Postcount (At Time Of Application):25
Real-Life Friends On Server:MrBeeDay
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not):Not yet as i dont have a mic but i will with my new computer
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times):I have been jailed once for theft but returned the stuff and done the time(all thanks to mini :P)((hes nice))
Do you like The Lion King:YES!!!

Nicolu,because she said that the day zera got world edit would be the day she left wich is not really nice for an admin...

I would take what was coming to me because it is my fault for trusting them in the first place!

I take a screen-shot and tell kommy about it and if I do get demoted then I will email kommy asking why I was demoted and just work back up to it.

I would confront them but if they do not give up then i would ask a higher rank staff for help.

I think I would be good for police because I like helping people lots and I hope to spend alot of my time on this server.

thanks for taking the time to read this..

¬keiranos¬ :) :) :)
2345judge
Minecraft what??

Post by 2345judge »

Timezone:est
How Long Have You Been On MCJ:july 19
Postcount (At Time Of Application):11:36
Real-Life Friends On Server:6
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not):yes
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times):0
Do you like The Lion King:yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

(Choices: Countypo, Nicolu, explodingboxes, Caldavas,PMBFTW ) i dont know who i would pick i think they are all good at what they are doing

2. Suppose that you're accepted for the Police application, and you share this with a close friend or sibling who also plays Minecraft. Unfortunately for you, that friend/sibling is a jerk, and logs into your account while you are not in the house. They then proceed to grief people, tpkill, jail tons of people, and cuss out the staff. You know that we punish players by the account on this server, and that the punishment will go directly to you. How do you choose to appeal this? i would see what the staff would do if i got to jail i would be fine with that

3. A week after becoming Police and befriending some of the staff, you find out that Caldrin, Countypo, and TheDoleking are planning on faking a situation that would give them a reason to ban a user that they disliked on the server. This user is completely innocent, only being guilty of being annoying to the staff. You’re a new staff member and nobody really trusts you that much yet, and Caldrin/Countypo/TheDoleking are threatening to have you demoted and banned if you rat on them, and you have no evidence except for your word. How do you react to this situation? i would try to help the person out

4. You have reason to believe someone is using a mod/client that allows them to Xray! How do you go about handing the situation? Do you confront them, if so, how? Do you wait and talk to a higher ranked staff member?i would ask a higher staff member what to do

5. Tell us why you'd like to be a Police on our server. What interests you most, and what do you expect to spend most your time doing? i want to help people out helping
Firemonsterlols
Minecraft what??

Post by Firemonsterlols »

Timezone: Pacific U.S.
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: Started Fri Oct 19, 2012
Postcount (At Time Of Application): 0
Real-Life Friends On Server: Gman325 and Awesomesaurus
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): No, My internet is 4g and has a data cap that is too low to stream.
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): No
Do you like The Lion King: Yes

Honestly I have no problems with the staff as it currently is, I feel I am always helped when needed by the current staff members, however I feel that sometimes Countypo and Caldavas can be indifferent and, though I don't personally have a problem with this, others on the server might not feel similarly as it can seem unfriendly. Also, since PMB has received staff I never see him on, however it might just be he is on when I am not.

This will never happen, I don't share my account information with anyone and do not allow others to play on my account unless I am with them at the time.

I would tell my suspicions to other staff members. I would also warn the person that they planned on getting him banned so he/she might have some heads up as well.

I would inform a staff member and ask the player to please stop or else they could be jailed or banned from the server, if they continued I would again inform a staff member.

I would like to be police because I enjoy helping people with tasks they cant do themselves, I also enjoy watching Boxes and other staff members ream out the rule breakers, I feel like I would get a kick out of those moments. However from what I've noticed from the other police I would expect to spend most of my time playing on the server Like I already do. If I can help the server by becoming a police I would be more than happy to.
footyguy67
Bare hands digger

Post by footyguy67 »

==Police Profile==
IGN: TipsyFrog
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: 1 Year 4 months 12 days.
Postcount (At Time Of Application): 8
Real-Life Friends On Server: None.
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): Yes.
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): I was banned over a year ago for X-raying, but I have never been jailed.
Do you like The Lion King: All time great film, Who doesn't like it?

Im afraid the person I would replace would be PMBFTW mainly because since he was promoted to staff from VIP he has become very inactive. When PMBFTW does come on the server he is on for a short period of time and doesn't seem to do anything helpful at all. My final reason is that I feel his attitude towards other players is very poor. Staff should have respect for all members no matter what they personally think of them, staff should always try to help and not ignore anyone. These are the reasons I would like to replace WTFBMP. ;)

If such an event was to occur then I would firstly make a formal apology to anyone who was effected in this situation. If this situation was to occur I would make amendments to the people who have suffered. I would help rebuild any property that has been damaged, I would replace any items people have lost from the tp killing. I would then take my punishment accordingly as I know the rules of the server and I know that the punishment for this event will not be revoked. lastly it is highly unlikely for such an event to occur because all of my siblings don't know what minecraft is and I don't leave my password for my minecraft account saved on my PC.

Firstly I would try convince Caldrin/Countypo and TheDoleking that what they are planning is extremely wrong and that they should be ashamed to be involved in such a scheme. I would proceed to tell them that they are tainting the name of the server by taking part in such a scheme. I would then proceed to try my best to gather hard evidence about their scheme. I would do this in a number of ways, recording their conversation in mumble. This would be solid evidence that I can show a admin or the owner. I would consult the user about the situation and warn them about it.I would tell them to keep it on the down low until I can resolve this situation. Furthermore I would take multiple screenshots of anything that I could use against the people involved.

Firstly I would gather evidence . I would take screenshots of the mining path the player has taken to get the ores that I believe they have x-rayed. I would also screenshot the log block on the area the ores were and the mining path. After I have gathered my evidence I would confront the player about x-raying and state that it is highly against the rules to x-ray on the server. If the player admits to x-raying then I will jail them and call a higher staff member to deal out the required punishment. If the player denies that they were x-raying then I will try my best to gather more evidence. Then I will contact a higher member in the staff team and notify them about the situation and let them give the required punishment.

I would love to be police on MCJ because I feel I need to give more to the server. MCJ has been up for all this time and allowed me to play on it. I feel I owe a lot more to the server as it has entertained me for all this time. I would like to be more involved in the community and help out a lot more. The main thing that interests me about police is the ability to be part of such an amazing community. I don't expect to spend most of my time doing a certain thing. I expect to be able to play minecraft as a normal player and then when im needed to help out the best way I can.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application.
Cheers -Callum-
rigby27
Minecraft what??

Post by rigby27 »

Timezone:GMT (Ireland)

How Long Have You Been On MCJ: since February 2013

Postcount (At Time Of Application): 1

Real-Life Friends On Server: McNally26 evzoz czargrey hmachikas1 rocheci Shraggle benneyg12 Minerman102 chocolatebar theguardian2000 machinama3 guitarmaniac<(ish)

Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): no because i tryed to download it and ...i did but it didnt work for some reason

Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times):i have been jailed twice for messing with my friend minerman102 ...putting dirt on his house and i tpaed to hmachikas while he was being attacked...i shot guitarmaniac

Do you like The Lion King: yes I LOVE THE LION KING! (sorry for the caps :P ) it was my childhood like many other movies.... why did the dad have to die :(

this is hard but explodingboxes he is a very good admin but :1 because of inactivity ...he isnt on the server that much he could be on a bit more ....to help people 2 he is constantly crashing the server spawning in things ...like cows acc. 3 he doesent really answer peoples(noobs) question i dont know if he doesent know the answer or if he is not bothered to answer them e.g. when i was trying to builed one of them fence/sign gates he didnt help me build it ...i didnt know what to put in the sign ...and he didnt say what to put in it...

this wouldent happen because my siblings are older then me ..all of then and don't play minecraft but if it was to happen i would apologies to the people fix the grief and give something to them as another sorry (money,diamonds or anything they need) and explain to the other members of the staff that it was not me and i will try not do it again .... and not leave my minecraft account open anymore ..... if that persone was on junkie i would most likely jail or ban them

well i would ask them why they dislike this user so much that the want to ban him and i would kile to talk to a higher class of staff like korthic or kommy even though they rarely come on junkie that much but someone higher to talk them out an punish them after all they need to respect everyone and its not suitable to do this just because you are a higher rank :/

first i would talk to a higher class staff to see if they want to confront them and if they do ...well they will confront them...but if they are busy and i need to do it i would wait for the chat to die down ....so we can have a calm conversation and i would ask him where he got all them diamonds(or coal) and i will just keep asking do u have xray and if so he was a xrayer i would ban for 2-4 weeks and see how it works out :)

really the last 2 months i haven't been in the best behavior and i want to change that ... i want to help all that need help as much as i can ...i love helping the new members ...like i once gave a new member diamonds ender peals and i would sort out peoples fights.... i hope i can become police (:*) < its a kiss face
rocheci
Wood craftsman

Applications for Police! Aug 8 - Aug 18

Post by rocheci »

==Police Profile==
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: Three years, on the forums two and a half.
Postcount (At Time Of Application): 51
Real-Life Friends On Server: Machinama3, rigby27, McNally26, Renegade2k11, Czargrey, Bennyg12, evzoz, shraggle, Hmachicas1 and a few others I will edit in if I remember their ign.
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): Indeed, I am active on mumble and enjoy its service.
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): Banned twice for the same reason of X-Ray within the same week, both temp bans. One a week other a month. Jailed trolling and PvP. I would hate for the past to disrupt the present and wish for forgivness on my prievious faults. If this were to stop me from getting this rank I would be disheartened.
Do you like The Lion King: I do not, I think the concept is a bit disheartening for a children's film and if you put the characters in the same situation in real life it would be tragic but that may also be that I look into things a bit too much. Not always a bad thing.

This question should not be taken too seriously, it is out of this list and this list only.
I would pick PMB, I have seen him Capsing at players in rage because they did not listen to him, there are other ways to get players attention as in Tping to them, /msging them or even /mail them it comes up with a notification.
He has been ignoring a few players when they ask him for help, he was off playing the game. Nothing wrong with that but if you are accepted for staff you must put the players first.
He is inactive, I know weak, but inactive in game. For example "PMBFTW has joind the game,
PMBFTW is now AFK"

Role play time!
I, rocheci, formally apologize firstly for any inconvenience caused. I take full responsibility for the actions dealt by my player. I was foolish enough to leave my account unsafe, for me that is like leaving 20$/£ out in the open for someone to take. I will take the blame because it is my fault, I am sorry. I should not have been so incompetent and take any following punishment gracefully.

First off this situation is very unlikely, these staff are very responsible.
Secondly, If this were to happen boxes lives on mumble and IRC so I could talk to him, if to no vale he ignores me or does not believe this I would go by asking the guys why they originally wanted to become staff, the reason will most likely be a conjoint "I wanted to help the players" and by doing this you are not helping the players or anyone.

Depending on the hacks this payer has; X-ray you can either use logbook or check their item income and if it is unreasonably high its a give away, check their balence and make sure they are not bought. Ask boxes or Nico to check the logs and from their on its simple.
Any PvP related hacks are give aways.
The server also has some anti hacks pl's, NoCheatPlus and CompactNCP. These will help of coarse.

I have a LB learned off by heart from playing on other servers and I have a descent knowledge of all the plugins and commands at access on the server. I know how bad it feels to be griefed and how helpless you feel if no staff are currently on line but if another player in the tab list has the ability to help you you may not feel so down. The time you spend on projects and gathering resources should not be anymore than it has to be. Help is needed and I can provide it if I do get promoted.
I have played with a lot of these players for a while, I know how to handle them well. I may be immature at points and be unkind but that happens to everyone and you cannot be properly blamed for.
I do play a lot on this server and wish to continue my ways as such. I am not interested in a lot of things. I play minecraft 2-4 hours a day. But the whole reason for me doing this apple-lication is so that you have another candidate, another option. I hope you consider me and forget any mishaps that may have accrued in the past.
Bread makes you fat!?- Scott Pilgrem