[CLOSED] VIP Application Archive [CLOSED]

Read the rules.Apply to join the server, Follow the format, and fill it out.

Moderators: Fabeth, Korthic, Nicolu, caldrin, Explodingboxes

espertkiller
Wood craftsman

Re: [OPEN] Apply to become VIP - April 22 - May 5th

Post by espertkiller »

==Police Profile==
Timezone: North American Eastern Time Zone
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: 'bout a year
Postcount (At Time Of Application): 17
Real-Life Friends On Server: buster131, Kolo, rocky, broccolikiller4 (not sure if thats his real name, something like that)
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): i dont technically HAVE mumble, i just have the app for it and i dont like talking to the unkowns
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times):like 6 legit jails and technically 1 legit ban
Do you like The Lion King: hells to the yes

1. Assume you have the chance to replace one member of the staff team (Choices listed below). You may go straight from whatever rank you are right now, to completely replacing the user that you chose. Pick a member of the staff team, give three reasons why they are not fit for the job, one example of those reasons, and explain why you would be better suited for their position.
(Choices: Kolo, Countypo, Nicolu, Ephantom/Joe, explodingboxes, Caldrin, XlXDaltonXlX, Korthic)

I have to be honest, ill chose kolo, although hes my cousin and all, he's just not that active and that means that he cant help people a whole lot. to me, a good staff member is someone who is very active and helps everyone the first chance they get. if i do happen to get vip, i will definitely do this.

2. Suppose that you're accepted for the Police application, and you share this with a close friend or sibling who also plays Minecraft. Unfortunately for you, that friend/sibling is a jerk, and logs into your account while you are not in the house. They then proceed to grief people, tpkill, jail tons of people, and cuss out the staff. You know that we punish players by the account on this server, and that the punishment will go directly to you. How do you choose to appeal this?

in the event of this situation, i will accept any punishment because i would realise, although its not me doing all this, its my account thats killing the server and i will know when i get punished that my sibling/friend doesnt need to destroy this server. i strongly believe that minecraft junkie does not need this.

3. A week after becoming Police and befriending some of the staff, you find out that Caldrin, Countypo, and TheDoleking are planning on faking a situation that would give them a reason to ban a user that they disliked on the server. This user is completely innocent, only being guilty of being annoying to the staff. You’re a new staff member and nobody really trusts you that much yet, and Caldrin/Countypo/TheDoleking are threatening to have you demoted and banned if you rat on them, and you have no evidence except for your word. How do you react to this situation?

I would try and get some screenshots of their actions, if they de-mote me, fine, so be it, but i will show other staff my screenshots, if i get banned, ill PM someone like kommy or boxes the screenshots. if they consider it and i tell them what has happened, i might be let back on and have my rank back. i honestly do not want this server to have horrible staff as this is one of my favorite servers of all time
Signature 1337 found

Signature 1337 Not Found, please refresh the page or go die
PapaPandaBear101
Minecraft what??

Post by PapaPandaBear101 »

timezone: central
How long have you been playing on MCJ?: about three months almost four.
postcount: 0 :(
Real-life friends on sever: Brian_321
Do you have mumble: Yes i do, and im active on it.
Have you ever been jailed/banned
Do you like The Lion King: Yes

1. Assume you have the chance to replace one member of the staff team (Choices listed below). You may go straight from whatever rank you are right now, to completely replacing the user that you chose. Pick a member of the staff team, give three reasons why they are not fit for the job, one example of those reasons, and explain why you would be better suited for their position.
(Choices: Kolo, Countypo, Nicolu, Ephantom/Joe, explodingboxes, Caldrin, XlXDaltonXlX, Korthic)

I would replace Caldrin because, I never really see him on and he ask members for help.

2. Suppose that you're accepted for the Police application, and you share this with a close friend or sibling who also plays Minecraft. Unfortunately for you, that friend/sibling is a jerk, and logs into your account while you are not in the house. They then proceed to grief people, tpkill, jail tons of people, and cuss out the staff. You know that we punish players by the account on this server, and that the punishment will go directly to you. How do you choose to appeal this?

I would say that was not me i swear, and if they did not believe me i would just take the jail time. Also me and my brothers play on the same account but we have are own computer and we have passwords on them, and they don't know what sever I play on.

3. A week after becoming Police and befriending some of the staff, you find out that Caldrin, Countypo, and TheDoleking are planning on faking a situation that would give them a reason to ban a user that they disliked on the server. This user is completely innocent, only being guilty of being annoying to the staff. You’re a new staff member and nobody really trusts you that much yet, and Caldrin/Countypo/TheDoleking are threatening to have you demoted and banned if you rat on them, and you have no evidence except for your word. How do you react to this situation?

I would take screen shot this situation and report it to Kommy, and plus i would not rat them out.

Thanks so much for reading my application
PapaPandaBear101
TheRealTheminingduck
Minecraft what??

Post by TheRealTheminingduck »

*********THEMININGDUCK'S POLICE APPLICATION********

Timezone:Canadian Eastern-Standard Timezone

How Long Have You Been On MCJ: About since 1.2.5

Postcount: 0 :?

Real-life friends on server: habitat5000, Skylord_brando, lady_rainacorn1a, pokefan09, Ultracow77, waffleguy1a2b,

Do you have mumble: yes

have you ever been banned/jailed: jailed once for killing waffleguy1a2b (brother) and regreat and accepted all concicuences.

Do you like the lion king: YES,YES,YES!!!!!!!!!! in da jungle da mighty jungle the lion speacks tonight...

I would pick Kolo ive only recalled him helping me once and he is almost never on the server and he never stays on enough for me or someone to talk to him, also i dont even remember the last time he helped someone.
I think i would be a good staff/police is because im on evory day just about also i love to help people when i can and i think its fun to help!!!

Well if it were my sibling i would have to prove it by going on skype/mumble with kommy or another staff i would get my brother on skype or mumble and make him confess and if it were a friend i first wouldn't consider him my friend if he were to do something like that and i would have to get (this may sound childish :/ ) his or her elder and discuss what happend and after he would confess, if he doesn't i don't think he would've been my friend in the first place but his elder would give him another talk after.

I would ask to skype/mumble with them to disscuss them to not do it but if that fails i will talk about it more and record them talking with me and when a staff or kommy not assosiated with with the group is on (and the group is not on) i will mumble or skype with them and show the evidence and tell them also they threatened me and also i could try to sabatouge the group if all go's wrong with plan A. and if they ban me ill go on forums and report them and submit the talk on my forum piece IM A UNTAMED MAJESTIC CRIME STOPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you pick me and i will try my very, VERY best to follow through with what i said and i hope you enjoy this Application and my real username is theminingduck and if you don't belive me ask well me/theminingduck :D thank you for your time!!!
emian0214
Tree puncher

Post by emian0214 »

Timezone: Pacific
Postcount: Roughly around 15, I don't exactly remember how to check.
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: Since Beta 1.3, which was forever ago. So a very long time :D
Real-Life Friends On Server: chefboi878, 3Dninja, Sambrosia, Mr_Chastain
Have you ever been jailed/banned?: Yes. Jailed/banned on multiple accounts of not doing my homework. I have also been jailed for a tp kill.
Do you like the Lion King: ASDLGJ YES.

1. I would replace kolo, if anyone because I feel that all of the staff are well qualified (sowwy, I still love you though). I’ve only seen kolo once in the past few weeks I’ve been playing and that was only for about 5 minutes. I don’t think he contributes to the community as much as the rest of the staff. I would be better suited because I will probably play more often if I get a rank up and do my best to make everybody happy and punish those who do not abide by the server rules.

2. I would take all responsibility for whatever crimes were commited on my account and apologize to those affected. Then I would serve the time that is required and most likely avoid letting the person back onto my account and change my password if they know it.

3. I would pm Kommy (or another higher up) about what is going on and ask them to keep it quiet for the time being since I’m new and not yet completely trustable yet. Then I would proceed to gather whatever evidence I can to prove my case. Then, when I get the evidence I will return to Kommy (or another higher up) and prove that the trio is guilty.

Blarg. I haven’t been that active in the past few months, but I hope you will accept me as one of the new VIP’s. Dankeschön for reading! :D
- Emian
Yes, tennis is a sport. Don't hate :D
ict_brian
Minecraft what??

Post by ict_brian »

Going to preempt my post with a little note. I, in no way, expect to be considered. Been on the server less than a month and no posts on the forum. So if you think it would be a waste of time, by all means skip this for the next post. But I see all these young people posting and it makes me feel old as hell. So, come on older people. Post.

==Police Profile==
Timezone: CST. (ICT in name refers to Wichita, KS)
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: Approx. 1 month.
Postcount (At Time Of Application): 0
Real-Life Friends On Server: 0
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): No. Because I've never been in a position to need to use it.
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): No
Do you like The Lion King: I was 9 when this movie came out. Of course I love it. And Scar deserved more than what he got. Also, this movie has been out for 19 years. Most of you weren't even born yet. Yes, I feel old yet again. Thanks.

Having been on the server less than a month, I do not have enough knowledge to answer this question.

I am a 28 year old dude who plays Minecraft. I know of no others who enjoy this game. So that would leave either someone from a different location who somehow knows I play on this server accessing my account and logging in to the server or someone steals my laptop and, since I save my information, logs into my account by running the game and joins the server.

If it's scenario #1, I would hope that server logs would prove that the account was logged into the server from an ip address that I have never used and that would be convincing to prove my innocence. Then again, there's always the suspicion that I could have logged into the server using a proxy so I would understand if my trust wasn't gained back by all, if any for that matter. However, I would accept the punishment because I agreed to abide by the rules of the server in order to have access to said server. And seeing as how the rules state that you punish the account and not the person, I would accept it without appeal to the punishment aspect. I would just try to clear my name.

If it was scenario #2, I would have filed a police report for a stolen laptop prior to finding out that my account was used to grief the server. I could then provide a scan of any paperwork I was given from the report as evidence. I would completely understand if this convinced nobody because how could you be certain that I'm not insane and would go so far as to file a false report to try to get away with griefing a minecraft server? But after providing the scans, I would change my minecraft password and request that the account be banned from the server pending the outcome of the appeal to ensure that there are no more log-ins. If you felt that I couldn't be trusted and that the account should be permanently banned, then I would accept that. If you felt that it was someone else who did the damage, again, I would accept the punishment as if I had been the one that had done it. Clearing my name would again be the goal, rather than avoiding punishment.

Well, I'm going to answer this a little away from the question. Because, you ask if I had no evidence other than my word. If it was just my word and nothing else, I would not expect anyone to just believe me due to the facts that the question highlights...new staff so there's no real trust there yet. So, I will answer as if I was able to gather some evidence.

This would mainly depend on the venue for their conspiring. If it was on the actual server, then that would be incredibly easy to prove due to chat logs and the ability to take screenshots. So I would assume that nobody with intelligence would try to conspire on the server.

If it was on the forum, somewhere, then again that could easily be proven. So I doubt anyone would try to go that route.

Mumble. Although I've never used it, I'm familiar with what the software does. If this was something that I overheard on Mumble, I would immediately try to record the conversation mid-conspiring to try to use as evidence. There's no guarantee that they would keep talking so I might not be able to get anything to use. So, in that case, I would just try to alert a higher staff member and just tell them what I heard and to take it as seriously as they feel the need since I don't have proof but to keep an eye out for anything that matches what I've told them. More than likely, this would not be able to be proven and it would be my word against theirs. And, as such, I would expect them to get away with it. They (and I say they meaning fictional people with these same names. I'm not saying you're the type of people that would react like this) would likely be pissed at me for trying to out them, other staff might lessen their opinion of me, and it would probably make for a negative environment for me on the server so I would likely leave the server because, after all, it's just minecraft and there are tons of servers out there. Besides, people like that will eventually slip up and leave evidence in future conspiracies. And then maybe people will think "Damn, I wonder if ict_brian actually was telling the truth."

And that was longer than intended so I'm going to stop at that and not speculate about any other possible venue where I could stumble across a conspiracy.

If anyone has read this far, thanks. But why? I did this post out of boredom, is that your reasoning too? Thanks regardless.
holdenpro15v8
Minecraft what??

Post by holdenpro15v8 »

==Police Profile==
Timezone:Newfoundland Standard Time (NST) = UTC-3:30
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: sun Jun 24 2012 10:51pm
Postcount (At Time Of Application):5
Real-Life Friends On Server:Kfwalsh1 iixyoda clarke81 fwalsh dasiey acoustix mrsmitter plus more
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): Yes I do
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): 10min jail for tping in to a combat zone
Do you like The Lion King: more of a jungle book guy

......................................................................................................................................................
If I was to replace one member of the amazing staff team it would have to be Caldrin. My first reason for picking Caldrin is that he is rarely ever on the server. My second reason for picking Caldrin is that he never answer me when I try to talk to him in the mine craft chat. The last reason that made me pick Caldrin is that I find him the least helpful out of the rest of the staff. If I was picked for police I fell that I could be a lot more active and a lot more helpful in the in the game.
......................................................................................................................................................

If this was to happen to me first I would secure my account so who every hacked my account could not do it again. After I secured my account I would fix all damages done by the person who hacked my account then I would tell you guys what happened and that my account is now secure.
.....................................................................................................................................................

If this was to happen frist I would let all of the staff know about Caldrin Countypo Doles plan. If the staff dindent take me serourisy I would take it to a admin. I would also inform the player that is geting setup that a couple of staff are going to ban him for not doing anything. I would not care if i got baned for doing this because minecraft juinkie is a place for people to get on and have fun and I would not want to be part of a server with a bunch of liars.
holdenpro15
jdmccord1
Minecraft what??

Post by jdmccord1 »

Timezone:Central Standard Time
How long have you been on MCJ?:About 1 year
Post-count:0,I had to make a new website account the night I made the application.
Real life friends on MCJ:Deese20-Zach_K14-12345fin-evant19
Do you have Mumble:No,I tried once and after I did my computer started crashing.
Have you ever been jailed/banned:I was jailed once for breaking MistaWaters 1-piece,of dirt
Do you like The Lion King;Yes,I remember watching it over and over when I was younger.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would have to say Nicolu.1st reason is she is not very active.If I was Staff I would try to get on at least 45-minutes a day.And being active is important because sometimes when no Police or Staff are present,some Defaults,Members,or Veterans could be starting controversy that needs to be settled.Or even a Police could be abusing some of the given abilities lower ranks don't have.My 2nd reason is, sometimes she might over use swearing for unnecessary moments.And that could set examples for lower ranks wanting to become Staff.Also if swearing was lowered,We would have less bands and more Members.And for my last reason.When a Member,Veteran,or anybody joins they want people to say "Hello" and"Welcome back" and make them feel invited to join the server,this is something Nicolu lacks.When they don't, it gives you the feeling they don't have respect for you,they aren't interested in doing activities with you,and just dont care for you being there.More friendly Staff members would make MCJ a happier place all around.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that is totally fair.Part of being Police is being responsible,and if you're not responsible enough to keep other people off your account,you probably are not fit for the job.This kind of behavior on servers is hard to deal with because there is little to no proof of the whole scenario.But something must be done,so the good thing to do would have to be to punish the account that it was done by.And if this happened to me,I would try to explain myself greatly and if my story wasn't excepted,I would have to accept that I messed up and try to earn my trust back.

I would first talk to the user being framed and listen to his story.After I did that (Knowing I have been threatened to get demoted/banned for ratting them out) I would Talk to one of my other trustworthy Staff+ friends and get them to help me straiten the situation out,And make sure the user planned on being banned, was unharmed by the 3 Staff members.After we prove the user is innocent,Countypo,Caldrin,and TheDoleKing would be majorly punished for putting an innocent users reputation on the server ruined for no good reason.
[Veteran]jdmccord
sdog_2000
Bare hands digger

Post by sdog_2000 »

Police Profile
Timezone: USA Eastern time
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: around 3 or 4 months
Postcount (At Time Of Application): I have 11 posts but plan to post more
Real-Life Friends On Server: vman75, wither719, justice3023, and Mugse2
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): I don’t and I am not sure if my parents will let me
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): No
Do you like The Lion King: yes it is one of my favorite Disney movies

I don’t really have anyone I Want to replace. Korthic is a person I haven’t seen ever so if it had to be someone maybe him.

2. Suppose that you're accepted for the VIP application, and you share this with a close friend or sibling who also plays Minecraft. Unfortunately for you, that friend/sibling is a jerk, and logs into your account while you are not in the house. They then proceed to grief people, tpkill, jail tons of people, and cuss out the staff. You know that we punish players by the account on this server, and that the punishment will go directly to you. How do you choose to appeal this?

I don’t share my accounts with anyone but my little brother and he only plays single player. Even if he comes on he doesn’t know one bad word. If he does anything else he won’t play again and I will tell the staff what happened and take the ban without arguing knowing it was my fault for letting him play.

3. A week after becoming VIP and befriending some of the staff, you find out that Caldrin, Countypo, and TheDoleking are planning on faking a situation that would give them a reason to ban a user that they disliked on the server. This user is completely innocent, only being guilty of being annoying to the staff. You’re a new staff member and nobody really trusts you that much yet, and Caldrin/Countypo/TheDoleking are threatening to have you demoted and banned if you rat on them, and you have no evidence except for your word. How do you react to this situation?

I would tell a staff member and make sure they know and explain to them what is happening privately and I will take the ban If I have to and stop meanies who try to get innocent people banned.

Thank you for reading my application!
Sdog_2000
Chuckeely
Minecraft what??

Post by Chuckeely »

==Police Profile==
Timezone:Central
How Long Have You Been On MCJ:about 5 months probably
Postcount (At Time Of Application):What?
Real-Life Friends On Server:caldavas, PMBFTW
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times):once, griefing + I was new so I didn't know the rules much
Do you like The Lion King:Yes I do, thank you very much:D
koopscoop is my username;)
Gary118
Minecraft what??

Post by Gary118 »

Timezone: whatever timezone Washington D.C. is in

How Long Have You Been On MCJ: currently I has been on a little over 5 Month

Postcount (At Time Of Application):4

Real-Life Friends On Server:none right now but hopefully when exams are done i can get some of them to join

Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): My computer runs like it is from the 1950s so I cant have to many programs up at any one time

Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times) :I have not nor do I ever hope to be jailed or banned

Do you like The Lion King: I loved watching it when I was younger

1. The person who i would pick to replace would have to be Nicolu
the main reason would have to be that she is very inactive. during the past 1.5 months i have seen her maybe 2 times and even then she would just log in then 5 minutes later she was set to afk and then hours later she would come back saying something like "oh i forgot i was on minecraft" and then leave.
When she does actually talk in chat she tends to be very rude to people and degrade them and just seem to not care about them at all

If i were to become the rank of community manager i would be much kinder to people then i have seen her be and generally be more active then her. I have seen a couple of the staff mention her name in game and some of the members have said "who?" they have no idea who she is. I also have been on active on many servers so i have seen things that dont work and i have seen some things that might make Junkie much better then what it currently is

since i liked what i wrote last time for questions 2 and 3 i will just paste them back in again

This actually happened on a different server with my younger brother where I got mod status and he got on and started reeking havoc everywhere and generally being a jerk. So what i did was make an apology on there forums and then got on the teamspeak server and made my brother apologies also. Everyone did accept it in the end. what happened to my brother you might hypothetically ask? Well lets just say he isn't going to be able to play on a computer for a very long time.

The first thing I would do would just ignore it for a couple days gaining the trust of caldrin and dole then after a couple more days of it with me joining in on it a little bit while silently recording it I would make it into the biggest spectacle that it could possible be. When the person who we have been making fun of and such says that I should also get in trouble I would just show the recordings of chat and such that I have and hope that Korthic and Kommy will listen to such a new member of the staff team.

this has been my application I hope you chose me as one of the next police