[CLOSED] VIP Application Archive [CLOSED]

Read the rules.Apply to join the server, Follow the format, and fill it out.

Moderators: Fabeth, Korthic, Nicolu, caldrin, Explodingboxes

XlXDaltonXlX
Staff

Re: [Open] Police Applications!! [1/18 - 2/1]

Post by XlXDaltonXlX »

Timezone: Eastern
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: 2 Years?
Postcount (At Time Of Application): 76 (77 including Application)
Real-Life Friends On Server: None
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): Yes
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): I think I've been jailed for testing jails but never for breaking rules
Do you like The Lion King: Yes

1. Assume you have the chance to replace one member of the staff team (Choices listed below). You may go straight from whatever rank you are right now, to completely replacing the user that you chose. Pick a member of the staff team, give three reasons why they are not fit for the job, one example of those reasons, and explain why you would be better suited for their position.
(Choices: Nicolu, Explodingboxes, Countypo, caldrin, Caldavas, Coolkid, Miniguns)[Inactivity is NOT a valid reason]

Out of all of the choices given I believe that Countypo would have to be my choice if for no other reason than he has a bit to much of a wild card in him and has not been capable of doing his job on a few occasions; Ex) A couple of members were building a giant dirt wall within 30 blocks of spawn and were told to stop, Countypo did nothing but giggle until being forcibly told by an admin to handle the situation, and still did nothing. On more than one occasion Countypo has used his staffly powers to harass members/Veterans the most notable of which would be Mokman.

That being said however I do believe that Countypo is an exceptional staff member that, while he may not always take his job seriously, does manage to be productive from time to time.

2. Suppose that you're accepted for the Police application, and you share this with a close friend or sibling who also plays Minecraft. Unfortunately for you, that friend/sibling is a jerk, and logs into your account while you are not in the house. They then proceed to grief people, tpkill, jail tons of people, and cuss out the staff. You know that we punish players by the account on this server, and that the punishment will go directly to you. How do you choose to appeal this?

I don't, short and simple if I allowed my account to be compromised and must be punished for the actions of another it's my fault for letting them do it. I would not appeal any decisions made by the staff team short of a permanent ban, in that case I would simply request a demotion and a temp ban of 1-4 weeks in place of that.

3. A week after becoming Police and befriending some of the staff, you find out that Caldrin, Countypo, and TheDoleking are planning on faking a situation that would give them a reason to ban a user that they disliked on the server. This user is completely innocent, only being guilty of being annoying to the staff. You’re a new staff member and nobody really trusts you that much yet, and Caldrin/Countypo/TheDoleking are threatening to have you demoted and banned if you rat on them, and you have no evidence except for your word. How do you react to this situation?

I would likely collect some incriminating evidence and then confront them if they still insisted on their plan of action and I was banned I would tell Nicolu or Explodingboxes what was happening and let it all sort itself out.

4. You have reason to believe someone is using a mod/client that allows them to Xray! How do you go about handing the situation? Do you confront them, if so, how? Do you wait and talk to a higher ranked staff member?

As a member of the MCJPD I would collect evidence so that I was really sure that they were X-raying before turning the case over to a higher ranked staff member to take care of the actual punishment or evaluation of the evidence as that is outside of the scope of the polices powers.

5. Tell us why you'd like to be a Police on our server. What interests you most, and what do you expect to spend most your time doing?

Well, This particular part will likely be largely different from what others are putting but I want to be a Police Officer because I feel that I have wronged the server through my repeated De and Re Promotions to and from staff due to inactivity and various other reasons that would be considered Rude but not damaging. I feel that in order to redeem myself in the eyes of both the community and to the staff, certain members in particular, I need to work my way from the bottom of the ladder back up to prove that I am a competent individual to hold the positions that I was trusted with.
brianx10
Tree puncher
In Game Minecraft Name: Brian_321

Re: [Open] Police applications [04/19/14-05/04/14]

Post by brianx10 »

Timezone: EST - Eastern Standard Time
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:13 pm | Edit: One year and two months
Postcount (At Time Of Application): 13
Real-Life Friends On Server: Used to have a friend, However he was banned from the server.
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): I do not have Mumble, at first I was unaware that you didn't need a mic to use it, then when i tried to get Mumble ive had some downloading problems.
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): I have not
Do you like The Lion King: No

1. Assume you have the chance to replace one member of the staff team (Choices listed below). You may go straight from whatever rank you are right now, to completely replacing the user that you chose. Pick a member of the staff team, give three reasons why they are not fit for the job, one example of those reasons, and explain why you would be better suited for their position.
(Choices: Nicolu, explodingboxes, Countypo, Coolkid, Miniguns, Caldavas)[Inactivity is NOT a valid reason]

I would say Countypo (sorry County D: ) because whenever he is online he AFK's for far too long, then whenever he isn't AFK i rarely see him investigate players to see if they are doing things they should not be. I see him AFK almost every time hes online. When I am online I rarely AFK (except today) and when I do I rarely ever AFK for more then 5 minutes.

2. Suppose that you're accepted for the Police application, and you share this with a close friend or sibling who also plays Minecraft. Unfortunately for you, that friend/sibling is a jerk, and logs into your account while you are not in the house. They then proceed to grief people, tpkill, jail tons of people, and cuss out the staff. You know that we punish players by the account on this server, and that the punishment will go directly to you. How do you choose to appeal this?

I would take full responsibility for what has happened, I would try to restore whatever harm that was caused, Promise to change my password, and then accept any punishment that was deemed fit.

3. A week after becoming Police and befriending some of the staff, you find out that Caldrin, Countypo, and TheDoleking are planning on faking a situation that would give them a reason to ban a user that they disliked on the server. This user is completely innocent, only being guilty of being annoying to the staff. You’re a new staff member and nobody really trusts you that much yet, and Caldrin/Countypo/TheDoleking are threatening to have you demoted and banned if you rat on them, and you have no evidence except for your word. How do you react to this situation?

I would first go to a person of higher rank (ExplodingBoxes and/or Nicolu) and tell them the situation, specifically tell them how they are planning to make the situation. After that when Countypo, Caldrin, and TheDoleking actually do the fake situation boxes and/or nico would know that I was telling the truth.

4. You have reason to believe someone is using a mod/client that allows them to Xray! How do you go about handing the situation? Do you confront them, if so, how? Do you wait and talk to a higher ranked staff member?

Firstly I would look for tunnels that go straight into something of value (diamonds, mob spawners, etc.) then I would ask a higher ranked staff member to get there opinion on it and see if they think that the person is using xray. if they think he is i would confront him, if not I would get an invisibility potion and watch him and gather more evidence. Afterward I would confront him and ask him if he used a mod/client to xray. If he says yes I would give him a reduced punishment, if not depending on the rank I would ask staff to ban him.

5. Tell us why you'd like to be a Police on our server. What interests you most, and what do you expect to spend most your time doing?

I would love to become a Police rank because it would be great to help the server, and I find that sometimes its just me and some veterans, defaults, members and no staff, so i want to be able to find out if they are doing things they shouldn't be doing even if there are no staff on. I think that i would be spending most of my time investigating to see if people are doing things they shouldn't, then writing there punishments on the forums.
Last edited by brianx10 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
tattoblue
Minecraft what??
In Game Minecraft Name: tatto11

Post by tattoblue »

Timezone: EST
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: 16
Postcount (At Time Of Application):3 (I will post more)
Real-Life Friends On Server: irunonfries
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not):Yes, I do.
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times):No
Do you like The Lion King: I have never seen it
(Choices: Nicolu, explodingboxes, Countypo, Coolkid [Jorden], Miniguns, Caldavas [Cakedavas] )[Inactivity is NOT a valid reason]
1. I would have to say Coyntypo because whenever he is on the server, I never see him checking up on other players to see if they aren't breaking the rules.

2. I would try to explain what happened to the staff members. But if they dont believe me, I would just take the punishment. I wouldn't get mad.

3. I would give them 3+ reasons on why they shouldn't ban that person.

4.I would try to stop them by telling them to stop but if they dont stop, I will try to kick them but if they come back to the server and use xray again, I will ban them

5.I want to become a police on your server to experience what it is like to be a staff member of a server. I like minecraft junkie because of the nice staff members. And once i become a minecraft junkie member, I will try to come to the server whenever I can and i will make sure no-one breaks the rules.
Last edited by tattoblue on Sun May 04, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
EnderSweetheart
Minecraft what??
In Game Minecraft Name: Ender

Post by EnderSweetheart »

==Police Profile==
Timezone:Eastern standard time
How Long Have You Been On MCJ:It will be 2 months on may 22.Thats when i get promoted to veteran =D.
Postcount (At Time Of Application): Sadly ive only posted for member D=. I am still trying to figure out how to and what to post =).
Real-Life Friends On Server:There is my BFF kayla! (ArcticJellycorn) there is my friend Brett, (BlessedSamurai) and my sister cait =). (irunonfries).
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): To be honest, i do not. once i read this question i started looking into it. but my mac osx wont let me open the download D=.So no i do not have it. ):
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): i was only in jail once because i wanted to see what it looked like.(done by Jorden) but i have never been banned or jailed because of violation of rules (:
Do you like The Lion King: Only when i was very little did i watch it. So i cant say i remembered it.

(Choices: Nicolu, explodingboxes, Countypo, Coolkid [Jorden], Miniguns, Caldavas [Cakedavas] )[Inactivity is NOT a valid reason]

This is a very tricky question. Unfortunately, i cant say that i could be better than these people. They all do wonderfully at their jobs and i couldn't do any better :).But instead of leaving the answer like that, i will
give 3 reasons i will be good at being a staff member.
1)i am on this server all the time XD.
2)i am very social and could work out any problems that could occur in the server.
3) I do not play by favorites, so if i were to be boxes, i would see through until justice is served.:D.

I will accept the punishment. It may not be fair in my eyes but i choose to accept the consequences that come my way. And also, if my jerk sister/friend ever logs on again, they will not be able to use the powers used before.And if this really does happen, i will change my mc password and make sure that jerk sister/friend NEVER logs on my account again.

I would probably msg or /tell the staff that trusts mr the most and tell them what is happening.
And i would tell the victim of their plot to do the opposite of what the setup what was supposed to do.Also if possible i would take the place of the victim and prove my point/ get proof.

If i was police i would first tell a higher rank player what i feel is going on, and if no one higher rank was on, I would confront the player.
How i confront the player: first i would say their player name and get their attention. Then i would calmly tell the player that i am aware that they are using X-ray.

what interests me the most: to have the ability to be an authority figure or a role model.
I really want to help people the way the police/staff helped me when i was a default.

what i expect to be doing most of my time: I expect to be acting normal most of the time and just hanging out with people on the server. I also expect to be patrolling for break-ins and stuff like that :D.
Agent_Hathz
Bare hands digger
In Game Minecraft Name: Agent_Hathz

Post by Agent_Hathz »

Timezone: I live in the Central time zone.
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: I have been on the server since July 5th of 2012.
Post-count (At Time Of Application): I have only posted 9 times.
Real-Life Friends On Server: My real life friends consist of graystan21 and espertkiller.
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): I do not have Mumble at the moment but if I am needed to get it, I will certainly download it.
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): I have been Temp-banned from the Temp-server for a griefing because I was mad at the three people who kept killing me and my friends.
Do you like The Lion King: I can't say that I like it, but I can tolerate it.

---------------------------------------------------------
If I had to choose one of the staff members, I think I would choose Caldavas, (Please don't take this to heart Cald.) 1} I would replace him for going away from keyboard must the time, I would would not being going "Afk" unless no one is on the server, but when someone does come back I will be ready to answer their questions and provide the most amount of help that I could give as one person.
2} I believe I know more about running a server and helping with server difficulties, I have ran my own server and were a Head-Admin of three others. I know alot about most plugins but I am not the best at knowledge for them, and nor will I say that I am.
3} Cald like to change his name to "Cakedavas", if I were in his position I would keep my name at "Agent_Hathz" to make sure people know exactly who I am.

----------------------------------------------------------
If I had a close friend and or sibling that had access to my account and were to log to the server and begin griefing and hurting people. I would take the punishment that I had been given and would not complain to my higher-ups about what had happened, but that would never happen because of two reasons: 1} My siblings hate Minecraft and don't ever want to try to play it; they also always ask me why do I even play it. 2} I make sure that I always have to put in my password before entering the game, I never have the "remember password" checked just so that ever happened.

If I were to be in that situation of being under peer-pressure, I would make sure that I took this situation to either Nico and Boxes, or I would try to get ahold of Kommy and let him be aware of the scheme that is being rolled out. I would also make sure to let them know that I had been threatened to be demoted and/or banned because i had ratted them out; but in no situation will I keep something like that to myself and just let it happen.

If I suspected a member of using Xray, I would yes confront him and I would make sure that I also brought it up with someone of higher rank to make sure that everyone of staff was aware that someone had been using a hack client. If that person wasn't using a client like that I would make sure that i had proof before suspecting them of doing a crime like that. Also if I were to suspect someone of doing that and they had not done that, I would take my punishment accordingly.

The reason why I would like to become staff and what I would be doing most if I were to get the position, I would be doing what I mainly do and is build, but if someone needed any sort of help, I would make sure that I stop what I'm doing and go directly to them and help them with the problem they maybe having. Also for the reason why I would want to become a member of the staff team is that I would like to put my knowledge of knowing what to do in a situation of protecting the server and the members who play on it, safe and secure of "Hackers, modders, and/or troublemakers." With my knowledge on how to run and help players with the server, I believe that I could make a great member of the staff.

Thank you for taking your time to read my application!
Hathz The Fox
ArcticJellycorn
Minecraft what??
In Game Minecraft Name: ArcticJellycorn

Post by ArcticJellycorn »

Timezone: I live in the Eastern Time Zone
How long you've been on MC: It will be 2 months on May 22nd
Postcount (At time of Application): This is my only post so far
Real-Life-Friends: Izzy is my BFF (EnderSweetheart) Her sister Cait (irunonfries) and Brett (BlessedSamurai)
Do you have Mumble (if not why not): I don not have Mumble but if I need it I can get it.
Do you like the Lion King: I can not say I hate it but I can't watch it because I am very sensitive to sad things.

Have you ever been Jailed/Banned: Never

I can not chose a person to replace because they all do their job wonderfully! But instead I will give 3 reasons why I would be a good Police VIP:
1: I make sure to follow the rules and that other users are as well
2: I am very social
3: I am on the server everyday (Except on vacation days sometimes)

2. Suppose that you're accepted for the Police application, and you share this with a close friend or sibling who also plays Minecraft. Unfortunately for you, that friend/sibling is a jerk, and logs into your account while you are not in the house. They then proceed to grief people, tp, kill, jail tons of people, and cuss out the staff. You know that we punish players by the account on this server, and that the punishment will go directly to you. How do you choose to appeal this?

I don't have a sibling and my friends don't know my password but if say something happens I would say it would be fair and would not argue with anyone for it would be my fault that I trusted them to know my password for my server. I would then maybe argue with my friend outside the server as to why he/she did that.

I would tell them to give 3 reasons why the user should be banned and I would give them 3 reasons on why the user shouldn't be banned.

I would confront them and I would do it calmly but firm. For example I would ask questions on how the would have gotten so many gems (Iron, gold, diamond, emerald) Then I would tell them that I am aware that they are xraying. I would also wait to talk to a higher ranked staff member in case I was wrong.

I would love to be a police because I would love to help out the server and also help uses that need help.
I expect to be normal and just hang around with my friends until someone needs me to help them. I also expect to be watching the server to see if there are anything stolen or broken into so I can stop it.

Thank you for reading my Application if you did read it! =]

-ArcticJellycorn
blazingjets
Minecraft what??
In Game Minecraft Name: blazingjets

Post by blazingjets »

Timezone: Eastern standard time
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: Close to three months
Postcount (At Time Of Application): I believe ten times.
Real-Life Friends On Server: Darkwolf
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): I have never been jailed or banned
Do you like The Lion King: It's not great.

(Choices: Nicolu, explodingboxes, Countypo, Coolkid, Miniguns, Caldavas)[Inactivity is NOT a valid reason]

I would say Nicolu because I hardly ever see Nicolu online. I feel as a member of staff member one should be on more than once a week. When I am online (which is daily) I rarely see nicolu online.

I would accept this punishment without complaint. If I allowed to let this happen then it would be my fault for making it that easy for my jerk sibling to get on my account.

"All it takes for evil to prevail is for a good man to do nothing". Even if there was a chance that I would lose my police rank I would still alert ExplodingBoxes and Nicolu and explain the situation.

First, I would look for evidence in the player's mine. If I saw the player went straight for items of value such as mobs spawners, diamonds, mine shafts, etc. I would then confront the person. If he/she admitted to it. If the player said no then I would ask another staff member to look at the evidence him/herself and then give the player a more severe punishment. If the player admits to it I would give the player a reduced punishment. If the player continues to use the xray mod I would give my superior all the information I've gathered and asked that the player be banned.

I would love to become a Police rank because I love this server, and I want to keep it clean and friendly for all. I have also notice a lack of staff on the server. In fact, most of the time I on it is just me, some veterans, and defaults. I want to be of use to this Minecraft community and I cannot just do that if I'm a veteran. I want to be able to help people out when some default starts trolling a new member. I would spend most of my time just keeping a eye on the server, and be there if a problem arises in order to restore order and peace to the server.
unholeycheez
Wood craftsman

Post by unholeycheez »

Timezone: Est ( GMT -5 )
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: 1 Year and 9 Months
Postcount (At Time Of Application): 51
Real-Life Friends On Server: None
Do you have Mumble? (If not why not): No, but if need be i could download, and use it.
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): No.
Do you like The Lion King: It's an alright movie. I preferred it more when i was younger. Hakuna Matata

____________________________________________________________________________________

1) I would have to say Count, because 1. When he is on, and someone asks for help he is usually AFK, or ignoring the chat, and so he can't help them. Like the other day somebody asked him for help, and i don't know if he was AFK, or Not viewing the chat, but he never replied. 2. He takes action too quickly sometimes, before completely thinking it through. and 3. He sometimes takes things to lightly. I feel that if I were to take his place I would do a better job because I am on often, and I very rarely go AFK. I also tend to naturally help people around the server with any questions they may have. I also know a little bit about plugins have previously had my own server, and anything that I would need to learn I could. I'm a very fast learner.

2) I would take full responsibility for what happened, and also accept being Demoted back down to Veteran. The next action i would take would be to change my MC Password, and uncheck the 'Remember Me' button. I would then wait the allotted appeal time, and make my appeal, hoping for the best, and not pestering any of the staff. I would also replace any damage done, and pay compensation, and apologize to the staff members.

3) The first thing i would do would see if I can get some Screenshots of the action taking place, or some how getting proof of what is going on. I would then take all the evidence and PM BOTH Boxes, and Nico explaining the situation, and showing them what evidence I had gathered. I would then return to the server, and make it seem as though nothing had happened, and that I had never told either of the staff members, so as to retain my status. But if I did happen to get Banned, and Demoted I would come on here, and post in my ban report that what had been said was false, and hope that someone would believe me.

4) I would first go to their mine, and look at their mining patterns, if it seems that they dug straight to minerals such as Diamonds, Emeralds, Iron etc.. I will take screenshots of the evidence, and then confront them. If they outright lie to me i will contact a Higher Up staff member, and if they tell the truth I will Jail them until a Higher Up gets on, and then i will contact them about it, and leave the rest of the punishment up to them.

5) I would like to be a Police on this server because i have been on here for almost two years, and I love this server. I have been a Veteran since 2 months after i joined, (Duh lol) and I want to contribute more to the Community than simply reminding, and telling people not to do something. The thing that interests me most about becoming a Police is that I get to help out all the people who have helped me out in the past, and i can finally add to the Community more. I would most likely be spending most of my time Building and doing things of that sort, but if anyone needed help of any sort, I would immediately begin helping them. I would also occasionally spend time checking up on members to make sure they aren't doing anything they aren't supposed to be doing, or breaking any rules.
h8r3dn3x
Bare hands digger

Post by h8r3dn3x »

==Police Profile==
Timezone: UTC 10:00 Hawaiian-Aleutian TZ
How Long Have You Been On MCJ: One year one month
Postcount (At Time Of Application): 10
Real-Life Friends On Server: 2; SunyFree and ILoatheR3dnecks
Have you ever been jailed/banned? (If so, why/how many times): Never have I been jailed/banned
Do you like The Lion King: Only the first one!

The staff on MCJ do a great job, that is why I have stuck with this server for all this time. However, if I were to replace one member, I would replace Countypo on the given reasons:
  • Count sometimes spams the chat log and it is confusing when you are talking to another person at the same time.
  • There have been one instance where my farm animals were killed and the paperx helped resolve the problem. Count was in a tree just watching and not saying anything. He then fished from the nearby lake. I felt that being in a CM role, he would have a bigger input in the griefing resolution, rather than just casting a line where paperx was helping me.
  • Sometimes he is inactive/afk online. I know this is a cop-out and I should avoid this, but as a person in a position of power, I believe when you are on, you should be actively helping members with their problems. I have seen non-veteran members ask if there is a admin online and Count would be afk.

Going by the knowledge that players are banned on an account basis, I plan to apologize for the inconvenience I have caused the staff members. Because I was police and am held to a higher regard than others, it was my responsibility to prevent the unauthorized log-in to my account. Before I go off tangent, I would say that I would accept the punishment that is handed down by the higher-ups.

I would first gather the information that a conspiracy to oust a player is actually happening. After the necessary screenshots and recordings are done, I would go to the staff higher than them (Nico, K0mmy, ExplodingBoxes) and report my findings. Due to me being a green horn, I hope they will take me seriously and do their own investigation in the plot. I would not do my own investigation without consulting the other staff members.

I would first see if they are actually xraying or if they are finding gems on luck. Fortunately, xraying has a very tell-tale pattern and it is not difficult to spot who is xraying. I would first follow the person around to see if they are doing it in the act, then I would then proceed to flag down my superiors for help in dealing out a consequence.

I would like to police on this server because I am usually on when other higher staff members/police are not. Being in the middle of the pacific ocean, it is not uncommon to see less than 5 members online at the same time whenever I go on. From my personal experience, these times are when new members join and and I would like to inform them of my presence and MCJ rules. Of course, I will be there to help and assist them in whatever they need. Usually, DocScurvy is online at this time but I have not seen my buddy recently. If I were chosen, I would continue to do what I would usually do, which would consist of farming, building, or helping others. By being a police, nothing would really change on my part, except for crime fighting ;)