New CM election voting

News about the server?

Moderators: Fabeth, Korthic, Nicolu, caldrin, Explodingboxes

Xeronaile
Staff

Re: New CM election voting

Post by Xeronaile »

I applied for real in a place where no member can view and they narrowed it down to two people. Countypo forgot to post in the actual applications (That's what he told me)
Game Server IP: play.minecraftjunkie.com Mumble Server: talk.minecraftjunkie.com Port: 31202
caldavas
Vip
In Game Minecraft Name: caldavas (cakedavas)

Post by caldavas »

so hard to choose D:

i will split my piece of paper in half

and will vote for both
Internal Error 402: signature not found
-caldavas
cake is amazing
Nicolu
Server Admin
In Game Minecraft Name: Nicolu

Post by Nicolu »

I don't think you can do that >.> Just saying.
kolo
Staff

Post by kolo »

I vote for boxes, I strongly agree with the fact that josh said and when all the staff are gone on a break playing other games it's always boxes taking care of the server.
rocky535
Vip
In Game Minecraft Name: rocky535

Post by rocky535 »

I vote boxes. Would have liked to seen xero or county in the running for cm this time around but boxes is very active helpful and spends a lot of time keeping mcj safe.
Like A Boss!
-Rocky535 XD
Xeronaile
Staff

Post by Xeronaile »

Boxes currently has eight votes, Nicolu has three

(Boxes: Rocky, Kolo, Me, joshthelegodude, bfan, maxse, kaos, rback)
(Nicolu: KenpachiZarocki, Graystan, Mistawaters)

More votes to come
Game Server IP: play.minecraftjunkie.com Mumble Server: talk.minecraftjunkie.com Port: 31202
guitarmaniac004
Staff
In Game Minecraft Name: guitarmaniac004

Post by guitarmaniac004 »

I vote nico, even though I'm not extremely fond of her, I'd prefer her to boxes
Does a set containing all sets contain itself?
hailstone
Yay, I found coal

Post by hailstone »

damn why did i come down to you two......
i would (by a slim fraction of slimness)
have to vote for boxes.
youre both awesome but boxes doesnt threaten people with ripping out peoples throats with their teath.....

BILLET BOX STOLEN AND VOTE RETRACTED (for new vote see page 3)
Last edited by hailstone on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks for your time
-paperx (the dino)
Zerathule
Vip

Post by Zerathule »

The biggest issue with the position of Community manager is their ability to lead and manage a large group of people and be able to guide them into working as an effective team. The skills developed over time that are needed to be an effective staff member is amplified exponentially, as the requirements of being able to effectively maintain a large community, the position Community Manager sets new higher standard. Not only does a effective Community Manager have to deal with some times trivial squabbles with a firm and judicial ruling, the scope of your jurisdiction encompasses a much larger scale, both directly blow your position but, above as well. The Community Manager is the middle man between the admins and the community they are given to govern, and as such they must be able to take the needs of community and bring them to the forefront of the admins' attention.

On top of the already arduous task of mitigating the traffic of information and request of the community a seasoned community manager must find a delicate balance to divide their attention
between: checking the forums, logging an adequate time in game, looking for ways to improve the functionality of the server, act as a judicial resource for their staff, most importantly not get burnt out in the process, and remember to have fun on MCJ.

Honestly, it is not something one player can do alone or should have to do alone. While my vote can only go one way, it would be a huge windfall for the server to see a triumvirate between Caldrin, Nicolu, and Boxes. The abilities and skills each person brings forth to the high demands of being Community Manager is unique to their own personalities and play style. It is my firm belief that removing such an potentially potent asset on the premise of arbitrary High Lander system would be a grave detriment to the over all integrity of the community at large. By if I had to limit my choice....

I vote for Nicolu.
For being able to fulfill every requirement and more. And whether she would like to view her persona as such or not, there would be no better Den Mother than Nicolu as our new Community Manager.

My name is Grand Architect Zerathule, and I approve this message.
Nicolu
Server Admin
In Game Minecraft Name: Nicolu

Post by Nicolu »

hailstone wrote:damn why did i come down to you two......
i would (by a slim fraction of slimness)
have to vote for boxes.
youre both awesome but boxes doesnt threaten people with ripping out peoples throats with their teath.....
Man, you typo once and people start judging you! :P