R E S I D E N C E

Post questions or help people with the little quirks in SMP.

Moderators: Fabeth, Korthic, Nicolu, caldrin, Explodingboxes

Korthic
Server Admin

R E S I D E N C E

Post by Korthic »

The server now has the Residence plugin.

The Residence plugin is like WorldGuard for players to use. You can setup the points for a Residence using a Wooden Shovel or by using commands.

After you make your selection you can create a new Residence and change many options, allowing only people you want to only edit specific flags you choose.

Another great thing with Residence is that you can setup Subzones which are like a Residence inside of the Residence. You can put these subzones up for sale or rent or just give the property to a friend to use and edit.

We now have houses for sale at the spawn town, Joshthelegodude will have space available at his mall for people to rent.

You can find all the commands here or type /res ? ingame.
http://residencebukkitmod.wikispaces.com/Command+list

Players are limited to 3 Residences and 3 Rented Residences

If you have any questions post them here or ask ingame. We will be using this plugin over the precious stones (We may still keep some stones).
rocky535
Vip
In Game Minecraft Name: rocky535

Re: R E S I D E N C E

Post by rocky535 »

Thanks Korthic, does it coast a lot to create a large residence? Also, when renting a residence will it take your money every time you must pay or do you pay the owner?
Like A Boss!
-Rocky535 XD
Xeronaile
Staff

Post by Xeronaile »

Each block is worth a certain amount, so yes if you purchase a large amount of land it will charge you for EVERY block there.
This includes the blocks to sky and bedrock (air included, usually what you claim).

Renting, basically yeah what you said. Renting will subtract the money the renter requested from your balance. So yes.

1 block= 1$

R E S I D E N C E
Game Server IP: play.minecraftjunkie.com Mumble Server: talk.minecraftjunkie.com Port: 31202
DancingJoe
Staff
In Game Minecraft Name: DancingJoe

Post by DancingJoe »

How much does each block cost?
Korthic
Server Admin

Post by Korthic »

It is set so that each block space cost $0.30. After you make a selection if you want to see how much it would cost then type in /res select size that way you know how much you will be paying and can make adjustments.
rocky535
Vip
In Game Minecraft Name: rocky535

Post by rocky535 »

O_O Uhmm Korthic, did Kolo talk to you about the hunger games? We may need a world gaurd until we can afford a residence that big :/
Like A Boss!
-Rocky535 XD
x86Daddy
Minecraft what??

Post by x86Daddy »

Two questions on MCJ Residence functionality:

Is /res pset (container, build, bucket) the best way to go about fully sharing a residence? Is there a more "full control" way to share?

It looks like I can set a teleport entry point, but can't teleport (with /res tp). Is there a preferred teleport mechanism? Is it only available to higher level members? We'd like to have some far-apart residences, but haven't figured out the best way to go about this and avoid frequent long journeys.

Thanks!
DrozKnight
I love gold

Post by DrozKnight »

As for the /res pset...Yes adding someone and then adding all their flags is the only way to share

As for teleportation to a residence it is disabled to everyone except admin and possibly overlord
Sorry but that's how it works
See if you can get the iron to make a train system would be my only suggestion unless
you want to build in the old world and set up stargates
x86Daddy
Minecraft what??

Post by x86Daddy »

Cool; thanks for the answers...

I never realized there was a stargate system in the old world. Wormhole Extreme commands or Stargate commands? Thanks again!
Metalcastr
Tree puncher

Post by Metalcastr »

Hey I had a question:
Is there a monthly charge or just one-time charge for a residence? I just set one up and I was just wondering.
Thanks!