Server Status

Have something you think we should add to the server or something you think we should do different? Tell us here!

Moderators: Fabeth, Korthic, Nicolu, caldrin, Explodingboxes

bally50
Vip
In Game Minecraft Name: Bally

Server Status

Post by bally50 »

Hello,

It's been a very long time, but I have come back from the dead. :D However I see that the server has really not kept up over the years and I really do think it is a shame. Honestly was one of the best places to play MC. I have stated to get back into the game but can't get past how quiet the game and the lack of players. I came back to MCJ and started to find a lot of interest in the game again. I'm really wanting to get this server back to what it was. I don't really know how many people will actually see this but I'm very willing to put some work in to help get this server back.

I know Kommy your very busy but I believe theres a few things can be worked out by the players to get the server back out there and actually get more people on it. Theres a few broken thing with plugins but I say that can just be forgotten until we can actually try and get some people on to the server. I'm not sure the best way of going about this to be honest if it's a simple up vote or whatever.

I'm just looking out to make a little page where we can see who's still around and interested and any suggestions that are appropriate. As I said before it's a shame as it's a was very good server at it's time.

I know a lot of people have lost interest (myself included) but I think we could find plenty of other people who would love to play on this server as I have found nothing quite like it before.

So any comments or thoughts please say, would be great to see some people interested.

Regards

Your old friend Bally ;)

*Key a very old signature
Bally :D
maxson101
Wood craftsman
In Game Minecraft Name: Maxxson

Re: Server Status

Post by maxson101 »

I agree with Bally, if we get a good strong active player base going (ik its hard to get) but that could very well be the key to getting the server back up on its feet again, I'm willing to contribute whatever I can to make this happen, and not just a bunch of people talking about making it happen, ACTUALLY make it happen. Maybe if we can get some sort of plan together? Or what the remaining active players could do to help out? There are some very impressive builds on the server and if maybe we could somehow show those off and attract more players and inspire them to play, also idk if this is possible but ive seen on more popular servers they have a level system and ranks. I believe if we can do something like that it could really get some more people playing, not just joining and never coming back, something to work towards. Also I think maybe updating the server and getting some of the fancy stuff all the new servers have could give this server a chance to compete with other servers out there. idk just some suggestions
-Maxodofilus :D
Kommy
Site Admin and Server Admin
In Game Minecraft Name: Kommy000

Post by Kommy »

I'm all for it. I need help promoting it, can't be just me.
As far as updating, as new versions come out I update it, so it should be updated to the latest. Most plugins work, unfortunately if those plugins are not updated in time I have to either take them off or run older versions. That was always the thing with minecraft.
Part of it, I think number of people playing Minecraft dropped off and considering Bukkit community is dead we doing pretty good. The new generation of Minecraft gamers play their mini games which we were never about and it was more of the regular Minecraft playing.
As older players move on with their lives, new players do not really promote the server so that's part of it.
If anybody has suggestions and wants to help I'm all opened to it.
Yes I'm always busy but I still have time to update the server and implement plugins, I just need help with other stuff and not just empty promises- I don't mean to be rude it's just I had people promise help but nothing really happens.
Again the big one is promoting server on facebook, twitter, youtube. Maybe record some videos and post links to the site. After I built up the community and site I was hoping for everything to take care of itself and it did for a while but since the game is pretty old now, I do need people to pitch in.
Anyways, let me know what you can do or what you wanna see on the server
I will crash you… Like we crashed capitalism…
Anyway… tech, geek, fps fanatic and now Minecraft junkie.
http://www.urban1cycle.com
http://www.minecraftjunkie.com
https://valheimgaming.com
bedsidebug
Nobody told me there is lava
In Game Minecraft Name: Jawind

Post by bedsidebug »

I'm glad someone finally made this post. I have recently gotten back into minecraft also, and I Have tried playing on other servers but none of them compared. This was my first server and none of the others gave me the same sense of home as this one. I would love to see this server thrive like it once did.
bally50
Vip
In Game Minecraft Name: Bally

Post by bally50 »

Ok guy after speaking to Boxes and Max we are looking at a little meeting on mumble for around 7pm EST 12am BST (UK TIME MINI) on WEDNESDAY so if anyone can make it that would be great stuff. Kommy if u can't won't be much a problem as we can get to grips with the stuff we can do which there will be a alot and let you know. Anyone can come along who wants to voice their thoughts or listen in.

XD
Last edited by bally50 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bally :D
suarezzcrew
Wood craftsman
In Game Minecraft Name: suarezzcrew

Post by suarezzcrew »

Im all for making this server great again! Ive been on and off for a bit but when I play I really play! Sadly i probably cant make the meeting since it will be 01am and its my Bday...... But Im in for helping the server get back on its feet. Im out of town and cant play much this week but Ill do my part when i can! :)
Peace out!
Kommy
Site Admin and Server Admin
In Game Minecraft Name: Kommy000

Post by Kommy »

crap...I probably will not get home till 11:00pm ET today, so unfortunately will not be able to make a meeting on mumble. I will see if I can use my phone client or something like that
I will crash you… Like we crashed capitalism…
Anyway… tech, geek, fps fanatic and now Minecraft junkie.
http://www.urban1cycle.com
http://www.minecraftjunkie.com
https://valheimgaming.com