Mob/Player Heads

Have something you think we should add to the server or something you think we should do different? Tell us here!

Moderators: Fabeth, Korthic, Nicolu, caldrin, Explodingboxes

maxson101
Wood craftsman
In Game Minecraft Name: Maxxson

Mob/Player Heads

Post by maxson101 »

Hey Everyone! I have a few suggestions for Mob/Player head drop rates. So before Hodor was added and the server was updated to 1.9 heads were extremely rare and some were insanely hard to get. You would have to go kill a certain mob over and over hundreds of times to even get a head. These heads were super valuable, and some are even priceless (i.e. Boxes' Head or Brian_321's ender dragon head that was dropped before you could re spawn the dragon) anyway when the server was updated this plugin was not updated or wasn't installed (I am not exactly sure). But it wasn't added back in, and I was very unhappy at the time because I never got to complete my head collection. But later on, I talked to Boxes about it and he was able to go through CraftBook (I think) to make the heads obtainable again. Which was huge, and I was filled with joy. So I immediately went to the nether and tried to get a Ghast head to add to my collection, and Ghast heads are very rare. On about the 3rd Ghast kill I got it. I thought I was the luckiest Minecrafter ever. But a couple hours later I realized that every mob was dropping its head at a high rate. This gave me some mixed emotions. I was happy that I was getting all these rare heads, but at the same time I felt as if I didn't deserve them. This meant that the resell value of all my heads have diminished. The main way I have made money on MCJ was reselling heads. I think that the drop rates of mob heads needs to be reset to the way it was before. Also on another topic of heads, Player heads are very rare and still remain rare but I think the chances for a player's head to be dropped should be raised because sometimes killing a player is a 1 time opportunity and may never happen again. I think it would serve as great trophy.

This may not seem like a big deal, but I think this is one of those features that makes MCJ special and brings the community together. I would hate to see this aspect of MCJ go away, but this is just my opinion on the whole head system that I adore oh so much :D

I would love to hear opinion about all of this so feel free to leave a response I would appreciate it :)
-Maxodofilus :D
Kommy
Site Admin and Server Admin
In Game Minecraft Name: Kommy000

Re: Mob/Player Heads

Post by Kommy »

I would say it should be more rare myself
I will crash you… Like we crashed capitalism…
Anyway… tech, geek, fps fanatic and now Minecraft junkie.
http://www.urban1cycle.com
http://www.minecraftjunkie.com
https://valheimgaming.com
suarezzcrew
Wood craftsman
In Game Minecraft Name: suarezzcrew

Re: Mob/Player Heads

Post by suarezzcrew »

Same here. Mobheads used to be super rare (except the farmable ones, but even those had like 1/200 chance). I dont REALLY mind since I completed my collection and I dont really care about duplicates. I just keep them incase I want to use them and decoration in the future. But yes having them drop all the time kills the mood hype.. I see the perspective of them losing value. I hunted forever for my horse, wolf, witch and Slime heads. but now everyone has them after 3-5 kills :/
Peace out!