We need a temp white list

Have something you think we should add to the server or something you think we should do different? Tell us here!

Moderators: Fabeth, Korthic, Nicolu, caldrin, Explodingboxes

queen_cadaver
Bare hands digger

We need a temp white list

Post by queen_cadaver »

I think we should have a temporary white list for Junkie till this whole default grifing thing dies down. Its gotta out of hand and I think a white list would help stop a lot of it till things blow over.
coolkid691
Staff
In Game Minecraft Name: JordenJoshua

Re: We need a temp white list

Post by coolkid691 »

Sounds like a good idea, but unfortunately I feel like for legit new people, we could be missing out on some new comers, which is not idea. But I guess if it keeps it up it wouldn't be a idea, we have a quite capable staff team to take care of the problems, but to be honest I think its for the greater good. I know it would be a pain in the ass to do, but maybe if this persists longer and gets worse, it would be a good idea?

Opinions.

Brian may not post but he said its a good idea.
I love Koalas & if your bored watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu2DcHzokew

The lion king sucks!
Oh and so does cake!
queen_cadaver
Bare hands digger

Post by queen_cadaver »

coolkid691 wrote:Sounds like a good idea, but unfortunately I feel like for legit new people, we could be missing out on some new comers, which is not idea. But I guess if it keeps it up it wouldn't be a idea, we have a quite capable staff team to take care of the problems, but to be honest I think its for the greater good. I know it would be a pain in the ass to do, but maybe if this persists longer and gets worse, it would be a good idea?

Opinions.

Brian may not post but he said its a good idea.
I think a few more steps wont keep the people who really want to join junkie away. But it maybe just what we need to cut off all these default riff raff trolls. I know the staff can handle it , but as many have said , its getting old and annoying. (over 60 bans in less then two days is insane. ) I know it maybe a pain to set up but I think its just as big of a pain to have to follow these guys around and fix the mess they are making. I mean they are posting on youtube and on another sites for people to come here and grife us. I dont see the issue going away right away.
Nicolu
Server Admin
In Game Minecraft Name: Nicolu

Post by Nicolu »

I will say right now that I'm 100% against the idea of a white list. First of all, it'll give them the mentality that they have won.

Secondly, There's nothing they can do that would actually harm the server. We can roll back everything they do - Nothing it permanent.

Third, Last time we had this happen we actually got a few good permanent members out of the ordeal. A few good keepers is worth dealing with the bad apples. IMO
Bovine_leader
Tree puncher
In Game Minecraft Name: Bovine_Leader

Post by Bovine_leader »

It is an interesting queen_cadaver, but I don't like it. I dunno how much my say is worth, but there are enough signs about the rules. If someone is banned I feel that they earned it. It is sad that there have been many, many bans of late, but I don't want people who grief, especially when they see something shiny. We as a server do a good job at welcoming defaults when they log on. Most of the time someone tells/reminds them not to grief/steal. Thanks for sharing your idea! moo! :)
Kommy
Site Admin and Server Admin
In Game Minecraft Name: Kommy000

Post by Kommy »

Yea we tried that years and years ago and it just kills community . I would say no, plus we do end up making some new awesome regulars through all of this.
I will crash you… Like we crashed capitalism…
Anyway… tech, geek, fps fanatic and now Minecraft junkie.
http://www.urban1cycle.com
http://www.minecraftjunkie.com
https://valheimgaming.com
queen_cadaver
Bare hands digger

Post by queen_cadaver »

It seems the worst of its over now. I just know a few staff were pretty tired and feed up with the issue since they were on when a lot of the defaults were flowing in.
Explodingboxes
Server Admin
In Game Minecraft Name: explodingboxes

Post by Explodingboxes »

I looked over at the hack forums that are "attacking" us and on the server list we are now at 1.5 pages back on the list of servers they want people to join so it should slow down a ton.
queen_cadaver
Bare hands digger

Post by queen_cadaver »

Good , I am glad. :)