Nether Restart

Have something you think we should add to the server or something you think we should do different? Tell us here!

Moderators: Fabeth, Korthic, Nicolu, caldrin, Explodingboxes

link_24
Minecraft what??
In Game Minecraft Name: link_24

Nether Restart

Post by link_24 »

I noticed that there was a resetting the end sign at spawn and was wondering if the same would be done for the nether seeing as it's pretty explored. I asked boxes and he said he was probably going to when 1.8 was released but maybe sooner. I just wanted to see everyone's thoughts on this.
coolkid691
Staff
In Game Minecraft Name: JordenJoshua

Re: Nether Restart

Post by coolkid691 »

I'm up for it being reset in 1.8 but maybe for now, you could just move the spawn portal like we used to on the other world?
I love Koalas & if your bored watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu2DcHzokew

The lion king sucks!
Oh and so does cake!
guitarmaniac004
Staff
In Game Minecraft Name: guitarmaniac004

Post by guitarmaniac004 »

Well considering I have a blaze farm and it took quite a while to make, I would be kinda dissapointed to see it reset
Does a set containing all sets contain itself?
KrunktheDrunk
Minecraft what??

Post by KrunktheDrunk »

Magic 8 ball says "My reply is NO"
coolkid691
Staff

Post by coolkid691 »

As far as it ruining peoples buildings there, we were all warned that the nether being reset every so often was a big possibility, I would quote the exact words from Nico, but I don't know where the post is
I love Koalas & if your bored watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu2DcHzokew

The lion king sucks!
Oh and so does cake!
EPhantom
Staff

Post by EPhantom »

I expect the non-overworlds to be reset every so often because of how spread out their resources are, we can't simply keep expanding them, the server won't be able to handle it. A reset would be nice more often than we have been resetting it. Maybe make it a regular thing, like every two months or something, then everyone knows when it's going to reset.
coolkid691
Staff

Post by coolkid691 »

Joes idea is very good, if we make it regular a regular thing, and make it very noticeable that it will be reset, It would stop people complaining about it being reset, and it allows there to be fresh resources for people!

The lion king sucks!
Oh and so does cake!
suarezzcrew
Wood craftsman
In Game Minecraft Name: suarezzcrew

Post by suarezzcrew »

I do not agree in the way that the Nether we have already is explored and has limited resources. It doesnt really take long to travel to a point where no one has been and where you can get access to unexplored chunks. Everything is there and there are loads of resources atm.

ON the other hand I can completely understand if it needs a reset because of the size its growing to be. I have too just like Guitarmaniac004 build a blaze Xp Grinder and it would be pretty sad to see it go. Now If that is the case please let us now in good time before the reset so we can take down the materials and be able to reuse them. I dont only have a grinder but also a small funtional base so It would be good with a warning so I can get my stuff to saftey before it would reset :)

The idea of having it on a regular basis seems like a good point but 2 months would bee too often i think. maybe 4-6 months. the one we have now is soon 10 months and its not that big is it?
Peace out!