Kommy reminder and Axe poll

Talk about pretty much anything related to minecraft

Moderators: Fabeth, Korthic, Nicolu, caldrin, Explodingboxes

Explodingboxes
Server Admin
In Game Minecraft Name: explodingboxes

Kommy reminder and Axe poll

Post by Explodingboxes »

small reminder for kommy about the dynmap and it would be for the best to lower the Res for 3 of the world: FlatWorld, The Nether, and the End, since you dont need to see much detail in those world and you just need to see if someone is in that world and not invis.

Part 2
Does anyone know or know someone who does know why the view distance for the server was lowered some time last year? this has to due with why almost no mobs are spawning for most people since it was lowered down to 6 and default is around 10.

Part 3
Here is the Poll
With Craftbook tree lopper being always enabled and many people are angry about what has happened to there house should we remove the ability from both Iron and Diamonds axes or just from Diamond axes
also we should place a cap of 1000 on the woodcutting skill since it is so easy to power level it and it doesnt give many advantages above that level.
coolkid691
Staff
In Game Minecraft Name: JordenJoshua

Re: Kommy reminder and Axe poll

Post by coolkid691 »

Was told to respond accordingly

Part 2: It was lowered sometime last year, when t he zombie thing came out, and someone suggested to Kommy to lower it, so the server wasn't lagging because of all of them. I do believe that's why it was.

Part 3: In my opinion it should be both iron and diamond axes that have the tree lopper effect removed, as that way people who join still wont leave floating trees but. When they get iron and stuff they can build out of logs without worrying they're going to cut there whole house down. Like kenpachizarocki and multiple other members have done in the past. Also I am in complete agreement with the cap for woodcutting as its very easy to level up for example thedoleking got his up too a 1000 in one day.... So a cap would be very good. However
Korthic wrote:Could also change the rate at which they do level up.. those are all in the config file
We could also do that if we didn't want to put a cap on it
I love Koalas & if your bored watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu2DcHzokew

The lion king sucks!
Oh and so does cake!
KrunktheDrunk
Minecraft what??

Post by KrunktheDrunk »

Part 1: meh

Part 2: As long as it doesn't tank the server cool by me.

Part 3: R U NUTS! Tree lopper is awesome. Do not screw with the awesomeness that is tree lopper =P. I would rather risk wrecking a build than spend a solid day collecting logs. You can always break logs with other tools if you need to fix a boo boo.
caldavas
Vip
In Game Minecraft Name: caldavas (cakedavas)

Post by caldavas »

is there a way we only have tree lopper for only enchanted axes?
Internal Error 402: signature not found
-caldavas
cake is amazing
Explodingboxes
Server Admin
In Game Minecraft Name: explodingboxes

Post by Explodingboxes »

Part 2
It looks like the issue with more zombies appearing was that the server was on hard mode at the time so it looks to be safe to raise it back up to 8-10 since we are now on normal difficulty

Part 3
The problem Krunk is that some people build everything out of some sort of wood and dont use much if any stone. I doesn't looks like it can be set to use enchanted tools only since all it says is [DIAMOND_AXE] and the other axes and not the ID for the axe.
XP wise we can either change what each log is worth or change the xp modifier for the woodcutting skill

Woodcutting:
Acacia: 90
Birch: 90
Dark_Oak: 90
Generic: 70
Jungle: 100
Redwood: 80
Huge_Mushroom_Red: 70
Huge_Mushroom_Brown: 70

this is currently what each log should be worth.
We could either change what each log is worth or change the XP modifier or just dont mess with those and place a level cap on it

I am personally in favor of the level cap set at 1000 or something like 1500.