Mob Arena Mer

On here, we like to build things together, kinda like our own little family. I know cool right?

Moderators: Fabeth, Korthic, Nicolu, caldrin, Explodingboxes

Fraggles
Vip

Mob Arena Mer

Post by Fraggles »

Mer

Over the next few weeks or so I will be working on a new mob arena. This arena has more area than the previous ones but will most likely will not be as high. For those of you who don't already know, the theme for this arena will be elven.
This thread is only for updates on the project. Please refrain from replying, if you would like to add (i.e. suggestions or comments) something please pm me.
This message will be edited several times until the project is complete.

Classes:
1. Altmer
-Arrogant and proud high elves which rely on magic and luxurious weapons and armour. There are no finer magicians throughout all of the land. They have truely mastered the arcane arts.
2. Bosmer
- Humble and down-to-earth folk who are excellent archers and capable of talking to animals.
3. Chimer
- The "changed folk" who worshiped deadra and were accustomed with evil magic and necromancy.
4. Dunmer
- These dark elves have mastered the way of bladesmanship and dark magic (not necessarily necromancy).
5. Dwemer
-Brilliant excavating and mining elves. They specialize in subterranian engineering and architexture.
6. Falmer
- Snow elves have adapted to the cold harsh climates of the tundra. They know how to make the most, when they are given so little. They have tamed the cold.
7. Histmer
- A tree elven breed. There is no species of planet, animal, or insect that is closer to earth than a Histmer.
8. Maormer
- Sea elves comfortable on the most beutiful of shores or in the darkest abyss. Legend has it that they created a great ancient city under the sea, from generation to generation this mythical city has been called Atlantis.

Possible Classes:
Aldmer
Ayleid
Left-handed Elves

Questions for Staff and Admin: :?:
Could we change tha damage for hoes and shears in this arena?
Could we specialize books (and hoes) to do some sort of magical damage like fire or lightning?
Must perfect a way in keeping people from building camping grounds.
--> I have the possible prize to wave list
--> The mobs per wave are undicided but I have a plan to include and specialize every 5-10 waves.
Can we get tnt working in mob arenas?

More still to come...
stay tuned for more...
;)
Attachments
The current layout for Mer<br />1.0
The current layout for Mer
Mer Layout.png (211.71 KiB) Viewed 5411 times
FRAG OUT!
hailstone
Yay, I found coal

Re: Mob Arena Mer

Post by hailstone »

nice frags i think this one may get 2 be another arena
Thanks for your time
-paperx (the dino)
DancingJoe
Staff
In Game Minecraft Name: DancingJoe

Post by DancingJoe »

I don't believe you are able to make your own classes...
Xeronaile
Staff

Post by Xeronaile »

Lovely ideas.
I came up with some unofficial answers, but otherwise what I saw with some upcoming plugins that could contribute to this.

Questions for Staff and Admin:
Could we change tha damage for hoes and shears in this arena?- Yes, when Korthic and I and a few other staff tested the damage of the weapons we found out that it changed, so with a bit of investigation we fixed it. Once we get heros this is probably a yes.
Could we specialize books (and hoes) to do some sort of magical damage like fire or lightning? Yes, again with heroes you can bind it to an item like a book, but not multiple books as their is only one in the game.
Must perfect a way in keeping people from building camping grounds.- We should find something out.
--> I have the possible prize to wave list - Believe so, I'll download MA and check it out, otherwise have the master Korthic tell you.
--> The mobs per wave are undicided but I have a plan to include and specialize every 5-10 waves. - Same as the previous
Can we get tnt working in mob arenas?- We've already discussed this, we're working on it hopefully.
Game Server IP: play.minecraftjunkie.com Mumble Server: talk.minecraftjunkie.com Port: 31202
Korthic
Server Admin

Post by Korthic »

You will need to wait for Heroes and the RPWorld to be able to do most of what your asking.
Nicolu
Server Admin
In Game Minecraft Name: Nicolu

Post by Nicolu »

Questions for Staff and Admin: :?:
Could we change the damage for hoes and shears in this arena?
Could we specialize books (and hoes) to do some sort of magical damage like fire or lightning?
Must perfect a way in keeping people from building camping grounds.
--> I have the possible prize to wave list
--> The mobs per wave are undicided but I have a plan to include and specialize every 5-10 waves.
Can we get tnt working in mob arenas?
The damage alterations, like xero and korthic said, would have to be done via another plugin, but I know for a fact that MA and heros don't get along very well. So I'm not sure about that. But we can always tinker with it.

Same goes for the books thing.

Keeping people from build is easy, just turn off build/destroy.

We can change up the prizes, but they will have to be okayed by the staff/admins. (to make sure they are fair.) And the prizes can be given out, After a specific wave (like after wave 25 you can get either coal ore, diamond ore or redstone ore.) or per wave, so like every three waves you get either glass, feathers, or sticks.

You can add specialized waves. It's kinda a pain, but possible. There's a whole list of modifers you can add.. Like Chain lighting, fire aura, relocation etc etc.

We tried to get TnT to work in the arena once already, it acts funny. But it may be because of W/G.. Will have to be fussed with a bit more.
Korthic
Server Admin

Post by Korthic »

Heroes goes along with Mob Arena well enough, many people use the two together, there may be some problems with equiping armor for a class in mob arena that isnt allowed with heroes and things like that though

I will look into tnt I really would like to have tnt in some areas, theres not as many issues with tnt as there were in the past
Fraggles
Vip

Post by Fraggles »

Thanks everyone for you answers and feedback. I will continue building the arena and then wait until heros comes onto the server. Thanks
FRAG OUT!