New Spawn (For Admins and Staff to read)

On here, we like to build things together, kinda like our own little family. I know cool right?

Moderators: Fabeth, Korthic, Nicolu, caldrin, Explodingboxes

Fraggles
Vip

New Spawn (For Admins and Staff to read)

Post by Fraggles »

It has come to my attention lately that some seemingly nice people join the server but have trouble getting started. This ends up affecting their overall experience on the server. I thought it would be a good idea if approved that near the new final spawn that I could make an area for new players and those who need specific help.
This area would include:
1) Places for new players to live temporarily
2) A more in-depth information center
3) Cheap/free things to get them started
4) Support from others who work there
5) Grouping of players so they can help each other get started along with learing lessons with the staff at this area
And lastly I might think of surrounding the place with some of the game areas we used to love and maybe world edit them in from the previous worlds for further use
If anyone thinks this is a good idea or have suggestions, let me know, i would love to hear

And also if you dont think it is a good idea thats fine just try not to be too mean ;)

FRAG OUT!
Korthic
Server Admin

Re: New Spawn (For Admins and Staff to read)

Post by Korthic »

hmm we may be able to do something like this, we'll have to see after we move the spawn
Nicolu
Server Admin
In Game Minecraft Name: Nicolu

Post by Nicolu »

We used to have something like this WAAAYY back when I joined the server, The problem is it's hard to regulate how much people take. and it gets griefed easily. But I would be more than willing to help out with attempting this one more. I'm pretty good at keeping stone tools stocked up!
joshthelegodude
I love Diamonds

Post by joshthelegodude »

For a while I was giving away 2 stone picks to anyone who signed up on the website. I'll do the same, but with one of each tool plus an extra stone pick.
Nicolu
Server Admin

Post by Nicolu »

I think you'll be better off actually make a building/location people can get to. We could even LWC the chests so that only Members+ could get into it. So they HAVE to register and be promoted before they get anything free. When I first started back in Tundra - We had haven. The Ugliest, most Griefed building ever. But I still like the idea behind it. Somewhere to start, Farms of all kinds, A building to spend your first night in. This time though we make it pretty, and use Grief revert blocks. Lol
Kommy
Site Admin and Server Admin
In Game Minecraft Name: Kommy000

Post by Kommy »

egggh I remember that building
I will crash you… Like we crashed capitalism…
Anyway… tech, geek, fps fanatic and now Minecraft junkie.
http://www.urban1cycle.com
http://www.minecraftjunkie.com
https://valheimgaming.com
Nicolu
Server Admin

Post by Nicolu »

Yeah Kommy it was horrible. But that's why I mentioned that it would have to be a LOT better.
Fraggles
Vip

Post by Fraggles »

Anyways, I was thinking about giving them a set of every tool along with some building materials to start them off. BTW all cheap stuff will be available to all MEMBERS or higher. I have thought already about making access limited so i have anti-grief and people-who-take-EVERYTHING protection. So I think this idea might be a go in the future :D thanks everyone for you personnal comments!
FRAG OUT!
caldrin
Community Manager

Post by caldrin »

I'm totally up for this but if we are going to be giving away free items we need some way to regulate it so that they don't take 300,000 tools >_<
rocky535
Vip
In Game Minecraft Name: rocky535

Post by rocky535 »

Yeah I like this idea but there must be a limit on access for free tools =/
Like A Boss!
-Rocky535 XD