By now most of Minecraft players heard of this land from hell called Nether that came with the Halloween update. If you feel a little bored and want to do some exploration, this post if for you.
Easiest way to build this Nether portal is to use lava and water. You will need to make a bucket first if you haven’t already. To build a bucket you will need to use iron ingots . And to make iron ingots you need to find iron ore blocks. So:
THIS IS HOW IRON ORE BLOCK LOOKS LIKE
2. Smelt it into iron ingots by using your furnace and placing wood at the bottom and iron block on top. Result will be nice stack of iron ingots.
3. Take the iron ingots you made and use them to make yourself and brand new shiny bucket which is perfect for carrying lava, water and milk.
CLICK ON IMAGE TO SEE BUCKET CRAFTING INSTRUCTIONS
4. Now you have to find or make the Obsidian stone that you will use to make your portal. It is very tough to find it and you will need to have a diamond pick to mine it. So the easiest way is to farm it, which basically means you make it yourself.
The other way would be for you to carry with you couple of buckets of water down deep under ground and find some lava . You will have to make sure it is flat like lava pool not flowing down type of lava and dump your water out of bucket onto the lava. It will turn it into obsidian blocks.
5. You take those blocks and build yourself a portal 4 blocks wide and 5 blocks tall leaving a 1×2 open space in the middle.
6. Make yourself a flint and iron fire starter out of iron ingot and flint. You find flint by destroying gravel blocks which is 10 percent chance.
CLICK ON IMAGE TO SEE GRAVEL BLOCK
CLICK ON IMAGE TO SEE CRAFTING OF IRON FIRE STARTER
7. Take your iron starter and set the middle of portal you just built on fire. Once it catches fire, purple hue will appear in the middle. Your portal is now ready.
Before you step through this portal, you should probably have multiple weapons with you and bring some buckets with water or if you got extra obsidian stone, take that with you instead. Basically, you want to be able to build another portal on the other side, just in case the evil forces on other side destroy it. Also, don’t forget the torches…